Estimator / Quotation Specialist - HVAC, Safety and Security Systems
Innovate to solve the world's most important challenges
For our site in Aarhus we are currently looking for an Estimator who will be interacting with Sales and Operation teams by sharing the clarified information of customer requirements, drawings and specification.
The estimator will be the one accountable for proposals to our customers that will include technical scope, commercial estimates, deliverable schedules and terms & conditions and other variables to meet customer requests and expectations.
- In this role you will be responsible to create an estimate with description aligned with the scope to help Bid Team to create competitive technical solution with maximal Customer value with lean cost.
- To create estimates, you will use approved standard estimating processes and tools.
- You will assist the Bid Team to develop the commercial proposal suitable for presentation to the highest level of management.
Your primary responsibilities include:
- Ensure that technical and commercial package is professionally described to be useful for proposal writing
- Interact the Sales and Project Team to develop a competitive technical solution with maximal Customer value with lean cost
- Early engagement with Sales team, assisting the sales team in understanding and assessing customers’ requirements
- Keep lists of assumptions. specification deviations and included and excluded items
- Selecting the proper combination of hardware, software. equipment, materials and services (labor) that will deliver the highest value to the customer while supporting overall Honeywell business objectives
- Build and support subcontract and equipment tender request. Be the interface to the Supply Chain Team for the ITO (initial to order) phase
- 100% compliance with all required Health and Safety policies
- Participate and deliver information and material to approval reviews according to Honeywell Sates and Estimating process guidelines
- Participate offer clarification meetings and contract negotiation meetings when appropriate
- Assist in Sales to Operations handover by sharing and opening the content of the estimate
Develop cost estimate (labor and material) standards to simplify estimation process for future opportunities
25 Help Drive Customer Engagement
25 Learn to Facilitate Strategic Discussions
25 Track and Report Sales Progress
25 Develop and Define Customer Needs
YOU MUST HAVE
- Approx. 2-years' experience in a similar role (estimator / quotation specialist) working within the Building Management Systems industry (HVAC, safety, security, fire systems)
- ability to communicate technical concepts and solutions to internal and external customers (e.g. conducting site walks, accurately reviewing customer specs) and identify opportunities, risks, and resources required to achieve results within the proposal cycle
- ability to multi task and produce desired results in a deadline-driven environment
- Fluent verbal and written Danish language skills
- Fluent verbal and written English language skills
WE HIGHLY VALUE
- A background from Consultants or similar business experience is preferred.
- Strong knowledge of the HVAC, safety, security, fire systems)
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, highly matrixed environment
- Good interpersonal and presentation skills
- Ability to take initiative and work with limited direction
- Ability to influence across a broader organization
Nonexempt How Honeywell is Connecting the World
- Continued Professional Development
- Job ID: req161850
- Category: Sales
- Location: Abogade 15, Aarhus, MJ 8200 DNK
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, refer to the EEO is the Law poster .
Please refer to the EEO is the Law Supplement Poster & the Pay Transparency Policy .
If a disability prevents you from applying for a job through our website, request assistance here . No other requests will be acknowledged.
Terms & Conditions | Privacy Statement © 2017 Honeywell International Inc.