Lead Project Manager
Launch innovations in nearly every commercial and defense aircraft platform
Leads key, complex engineering program(s) & projects and/or strategic business process development & execution. May lead a matrix team to manage and execute one or more key weapon and/or reimbursable product/service programs. Responsible for program negotiation, management, and delivery & budgetary responsibility. May be assigned to lead strategic business development and/or execution efforts across the organization & at the Nuclear Security Enterprise (NSE) level. Ensures that integrated project management processes are aligned with industry best practices & are consistently applied across the business.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Negotiates, evaluates, determines & executes engineering & program project management activities to manage one or more significant, complex program or components. *Leads, directs, influences and exercises extensive technical knowledge & expertise to evaluate & resolve significant technical issues pertinent for key project(s) or program(s).
- Exercises extensive knowledge of programs & business processes to negotiate & establish achievable cost & schedule parameters for key weapons and/or reimbursable product/service programs & program elements.
- Leads multiple aspects of financial planning, monitoring, reporting, scheduling, network analysis, & preparation of technical/schedule information required for program/project planning.
- Performs primary, first point of contact, technical, administrative, & logistical liaison role with company, Department of Energy, design agencies, laboratories, integrated contractors & other government agencies for one or more key weapons, growth, and/or business process development/execution programs.
- Leads, as first point of contact, the establishment of production/project definitions, maintenance of directive schedules, & engineering releases associated with key DOE programs.
- Integrates customer needs with business competencies to drive growth in both existing & emerging markets.
- Participates in strategic planning.
- Leads teams and matrix reports to manage day-to-day program requirements. Represents senior program manager as delegated for some management responsibilities. Assists the selection and development of technical program employees.
- Provides general management/oversight of ongoing project management excellence across the business.
- Provides matrix management leadership for divisional project leads. Ensures that the right projects are prioritized & then managed to a successful completion.
- Drives continual operational alignment of project management excellence with strategic goals.
- Guides the effective use of program/project resources including personnel, tools, & methods.
- May own, develop, & provide leadership for execution of business training & development across the organization & potentially, across elements of the NSE.
- Integrates business requirements to meet the needs of core & emerging markets.
- Serves as the primary KCNSC NMO point-of-contact and liaison with program leadership at the Department of Energy, NSE Design Agencies, NSE Production Agencies & other external stakeholders as well as with internal executive leadership at the KCP.
- Conducts activities in a safe & healthy manner and works in accordance with established HS&E requirements to ensure the protection of employees, the public, & the environment.
Takes actions necessary to "stop" work when an unsafe condition or action is identified. Every employee has the right and responsibility to stop work when unsafe conditions or actions are identified.
25 Manage Program Budget
45 Manage internal and external customer relationships
15 Contract Management
15 Participates in strategic planning.
YOU MUST HAVE
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Scientific or Business-related field.
- 8+ years of experience in program or project management roles within engineering, manufacturing, or advanced engineering technologies.
- Must be a US Citizen to be able to obtain and maintain a level Q security clearance.
- Experience working with office of Security Trans and other NNSA/DOE Organizations.
- Extensive knowledge and expertise in complex engineering and/or program management processes, principles, and architecture
with progressive history of responsibility.
+ Expertise in estimation methods, critical path analysis, and contemporary program management trends and practices.
+ Expertise in integrating multiple, complex business and technical/engineering processes.
+ Ability to interpret, negotiate and capture customer requirements.
+ Proven excellence in effective communication, interactive presentations, and negotiation skills.
+ Ability to routinely represent program management and company to stakeholders.
+ Proven ability to mentor, coach, and lead program management personnel and other staff in a matrixed management
+ Ability to be company spokesperson for key
+ EIPM and IPDS experience
+ Experience working with the Office of Secure Transportation, National Laboratories and other NNSA organizations.
+ Knowledge of federal funding processes and procedures.
+ Experience with development and management of sub-contract procurements.
Must be a US Citizen due to contractual requirements.Exempt Honeywell Aerospace Overview
- Job ID: req155038
- Category: Integrated Supply Chain
- Location: PO Box 5250, Albuquerque, NM 87185-5250 USA
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, refer to the EEO is the Law poster .
Please refer to the EEO is the Law Supplement Poster & the Pay Transparency Policy .
If a disability prevents you from applying for a job through our website, request assistance here . No other requests will be acknowledged.
Terms & Conditions | Privacy Statement © 2017 Honeywell International Inc.