Commercial Sales Operations Specialist (HCE)
Join a team recognized for leadership, innovation and diversity
The Commercial Operations Specialist reports directly to the Commercial Excellence Leader and enables the Connected sales organization’s efficient operation and success. This key role will define and manage sales models, tools, development, incentives and reporting to deliver revenue growth and increased sales productivity.
- Define goals and develop performance metrics to drive faster revenue growth and increased sales productivity. Generate actionable insights and engage leadership to support changes.
- Proactively collect, monitor, analyze and communicate targeted, relevant sales information to facilitate understanding of business performance across segments, accounts, geographies, and verticals to make informed decisions regarding opportunities and performance.
- Partner with senior commercial and sales leadership to identify opportunities for sales process and tool improvements, facilitate successful implementation of new programs and foster a culture of continuous improvement.
- Recommend and manage sales force deployment to ensure right coverage models while maintaining a productive and effective sales organization.
- Work closely with the Training Director to ensure fast hiring and onboarding of the right sales people with developmental training and mentoring programs focused on higher productivity and reduced attrition.
- Develop clear expectations for sales manager coaching and MOS for optimal sales development and success.
- Oversee the performance evaluation of salespersons, priority training objectives and oversee the delivery of training to sales management, and sales support personnel.
- Establish and drive efficient sales process and tool improvements to maximize the effectiveness and efficiency of the sales team.
- Lead process improvements for territory/account planning, lead and opportunity management and quota setting.
- Manage the Sales Incentive Programs ensuring alignment to business objectives to promote and drive more effective Sales behaviors while attracting and retain top sales talent.
- Accountable for on-time implementation of sales quotas/objectives and accurate and on-time reporting of sales team measurements.
- Facilitate enhanced sales and marketing collaboration with needs analysis and execution of a go-to-market plans and collateral.
Define and oversee the implementation of a communication strategy to ensure effective communication both to and from the sales team.
Able to operate in a fast-paced environment.
- Exceptional Business and Sales acumen, Strong Leadership skills with strong reputation for collaboration.
- Ability to articulate, communicate and deliver on a defined strategy.
- Ability to identify and implement process improvement changes.
- Experience managing highly visible, globally distributed, complex sales organization and projects incorporating advanced methodologies (i.e., commercial excellence, efficient concepts in sales, knowledge management, customer relationship management);
- Sales leadership, sales management or sales support leadership experience;
- Demonstrate the ability and knowledge of change management and change leadership best practices;
- Ability to lead others at various levels through a change process;
- Strong relationship building skills to influence business leaders and work in a matrixed environment;
- Can quickly and effectively shift approach and tactics based on audience;
- Strong skills in communicating clearly with the right narrative, key messages and delivery;
- Make compelling presentations and demonstrates gravitas and presence in large group sessions.
- Create and deliver sales tools to drive efficiency and effectiveness across the organization;
- Manage and maintain sales systems (Business Objects, SFDC, & Tableau);
- Drive sales model, planning and policies, sales training, pricing optimization, sales incentives and activation programs.
- Collaborate and build trust with sales team by improving tools and resources that enable and empower the salesforce
- Own the Sales Operations roadmap, prioritizing based on the organization’s needs
- Provide thought leadership, execution and oversight to ensure we have the best in class, modern processes and performance methodologies to drive productivity, predictability and scale through creation of metrics, standardized processes, systematic workﬂows and programmatic initiatives.
- Responsible for providing framework for annual global sales and individual sales planning.
- Build and maintain KPI dashboards.
Ensure knowledge management capture and best practices are implemented throughout the organization.
20 Identify sales process improvements
20 Facilitate pipeline discussions
20 Lead Sales Progress
20 Drive sales force efficiency
20 Facilitate quota and SIP process
YOU MUST HAVE
- Bachelor’s degree
5 years’ experience in Sales, Sales Operations or Commercial Operations including experience developing corporate sales execution strategies, business development, operations and leading change. WE VALUE
MBA in Business Management
- Experience in Sales Operations and executing sales strategies
- Experience working in a matrixed environment with global responsibility
- Demonstrated experience in business planning, sales, strategy development, compensation plans and strong ﬁnancial management / business acumen.
Ability to inﬂuence and collaborate at the senior level and drive alignment by inﬂuencing business partners, senior leaders and stakeholders.INCLUDES
Some Travel Required
- Continued Professional Development
Exempt How Honeywell is Connecting the World
- Continued Professional Development
- 1st Shift
- Some Travel Required
- Job ID: req163575
- Category: Sales
- Location: 715 Peachtree Street, N.E., Atlanta, GA 30308 USA
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, refer to the EEO is the Law poster .
Please refer to the EEO is the Law Supplement Poster & the Pay Transparency Policy .
For more information on how we process your information in the job application process, please refer to Recruitment Privacy Notice .
If a disability prevents you from applying for a job through our website, request assistance here . No other requests will be acknowledged.
Terms & Conditions | Privacy Statement © 2017 Honeywell International Inc.