Driving Infinite Possibilities Within A Diversified, Global Organization
- Are you interested in a job with the freedom to experiment and explore possibilities in big data?
- Do you have a passion to architect information delivery solutions that are robust on a massive scale?
At Honeywell we are excited about the potential in big data and looking for a few bright minds to use cutting edge tools to drive innovation. This is a challenging opportunity for you to apply state-of-the-art, big-data techniques within a global organization with a history of success.
As a key member of our Data Science team in Architecture and Innovation, you will be part of Honeywell’s global organization supporting a wide variety of businesses, in a role that is critically important to Honeywell product innovation. You'll be working with the latest tools and technologies to create innovative solutions to hard problems. You will be part of an interdisciplinary team of designers and developers that work in an iterative environment, adapting to constantly evolving requirements, and working in 6-week sprints to build upon past work and innovate. You will be responsible for helping to scale solutions to support millions of events per second and historical repositories of many terabytes, ensuring the best possible performance.
As key member of this team, you will be responsible to:
- Collaborate with Honeywell internal business partners to define, design and develop applications that customers value.
- Leverage tools, processes and procedures allowing an organization to collect, enrich, and manage very large data sets, and create sustainable solutions and architectures.
- Creatively apply approaches for information modeling and management, such as, industry standards, taxonomies, and ontologies to make well-contextualized data readily accessible for analysis.
- Leverage experience with new and traditional methods of data access and appropriate abstraction layers and APIs to support rapid application development across multiple business domains.
As a talented and innovative member of our team, you have:
- A keen desire to work with domain experts to identify critical information and connections.
- An ability to discern the approaches likely to have the most measurable benefit to our products from the many possible solutions and work closely with others to execute them.
- Desireto work in a dynamic, research-oriented group with several ongoing concurrent projects.
- Skill to identify and solve process challenges through simulation of scenarios, analysis of performance metrics and advanced optimization techniques.
- Flexibility to adapt to rapidly changing technology and apply it to business needs.
- Strong analytical and conceptual skills and the ability to create original concepts on projects.
- Experience to provide analysts and solution developers with data APIs using appropriate abstractions.
- Effective communication skills, including the ability to translate and present findings.
- Confidence to champion effective techniques through product development, and persuade significant stakeholders.
20 Technical reporting
20 Product assurance
20 Technology design
Exempt How Honeywell is Connecting the World
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, refer to the EEO is the Law poster .
Please refer to the EEO is the Law Supplement Poster & the Pay Transparency Policy .
If a disability prevents you from applying for a job through our website, request assistance here . No other requests will be acknowledged.
Terms & Conditions | Privacy Statement © 2017 Honeywell International Inc.