Innovate to solve the world's most important challenges
Join a global cross-functional design team that researches, designs, and delivers awesome hardware and software solutions for the industrial IoT as part of Honeywell's Safety & Productivity Solutions (SPS) group. SPS creates solutions serving more than 500 million workers worldwide in the energy, construction, first responder, transportation & logistics, retail, and healthcare sectors
We are seeking a midlevel UX Researcher ready to take their craft and skills to the next level by driving design research for outstanding branded, seamless experiences that span mobile, web, and emerging technologies like AR and Voice. Our products are best-in-class devices, software, and services used throughout industry. You’ll confront new, interesting, business-critical challenges across many business domains and personas in productivity, efficiency, safety, and compliance. We build strong partnerships with marketing, product management, and engineering. Our global design team is experienced, our studios are exciting, the work is fast-paced, and your impact will be visible. And you will get the opportunity to guide and shape the design of sizable pieces or entire products from a user perspective.
- Contribute to and implement comprehensive research strategies to drive data into decisions across the product life cycle.
- Define and conduct appropriate evaluative research activities such as usability studies, heuristic evaluations, remote studies, cognitive walkthroughs, etc.
- Define and lead generative user research including customer visits, interviews, surveys, etc.
- Lead evaluations of current and competitive products, to help teams to further unlock the potential of our existing products and services.
- Effectively communicate user needs and design intent with cross-functional teams, translating research insights into great design and interaction solutions.
- Contribute to scoping, planning, and execution of design projects in accordance with an iterative development process.
- Develop and evangelize an informed view of our customers and end users and their experiences
- Create, maintain, and update UX tools that leverage insights (personas, experience maps, etc.) to be used in product and design discussions.
Plan and facilitate design workshops and UX training sessions with design, product management, and engineering.
15 Evaluative Research
25 Generative Research
35 Work with Design Team
25 Work with product teams
10 The above may include travel at about
You Must Have
- Bachelor’s degree in HCI, human factors, cognitive or experimental psychology or related field, or Bachelors plus certificate in HCI.
- 4+ years’ experience designing and conducting evaluative and generative research.
- Demonstrated proficiency with UX research methodology and tools.
- Demonstrated ability to translate research results to actionable findings, and drive design and product changes.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Both quantitative and qualitative research. You have a clear understanding of how and what each contributes to a fuller understanding of users and their needs.
- An attitude biased toward ownership and action. You are accustomed to taking responsibility and delivering
- A passion for and familiarity with some of the industries we design for so if you ever worked in a warehouse, on an oil platform, in construction, as a truck driver, or in any other industrial company, be sure to call it out.
- An excellent collaborative and teamwork attitude, and flexibility dealing with different experiences. We are a global design team and work in cross-functional teams. Proficiency in the languages of our customers is a plus.
- Excellent communication, presentation, and negotiation skills. Ability to communicate complex analysis and results from insight and synthesis in compelling manner to a lay audience.The ability to “inspire by showing rather than telling.”
- As a technology company, intellectual property creation is a high priority.
- A design team needs many different kinds of knowledge so if you have an interesting graduate degree or other background and can bring adjacent knowledge please be sure to highlight it.
Exempt How Honeywell is Connecting the World
- Continued Professional Development
- Some Travel Required
- 1st Shift
- Job ID: HRD48484
- Category: Engineering
- Location: 715 Peachtree Street, N.E., Atlanta, GA 30308 USA
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, refer to the EEO is the Law poster .
Please refer to the EEO is the Law Supplement Poster & the Pay Transparency Policy .
For more information on how we process your information in the job application process, please refer to Recruitment Privacy Notice .
If a disability prevents you from applying for a job through our website, request assistance here . No other requests will be acknowledged.
Terms & Conditions | Privacy Statement © 2017 Honeywell International Inc.