Deliver business value through Right and Fast partnership
In the role of Data Engineer, you will be a member of a team that delivers contemporary analytics solutions for all Honeywell business groups and functions. You will be expected to actively participate in defining and governing our data management strategy for Honeywell, as well as being an advocate for and implementer of best practices in data management on our data analytics projects. You will be part of Honeywell’s Enterprise IT Analytics organization.
The role will be focused on the design and implementation of a scalable infrastructure and platform for very large amounts of data ingestion, aggregation, integration and advanced analytics in Hadoop, including Map Reduce, Pig/Hive, Spark, Storm, HBase and other NoSQL databases.Requires researching and deploying new tools, frameworks and patterns to build a sustainable big data platform.Will also require triage, deep dive and troubleshooting complex issues in the analytics applications.
· Guide projects through the process of identifying appropriate data stores and pipelines to match business strategy and objectives
· Extract data and prepare for analytic modelling process
· Lead the development of data ETL pipelines for multiple storage solutions, including distributed platforms such as Hadoop
· Work with data science and analytics teams to define and implement project specific data management approaches
· Develop practical NoSQL and relational solutions to conquer scalability and distributed data processing challenges for analytic model development
· 3+ yearsof Data extraction/modeling experience, including ETL experience in traditional data (MSSQL, Oracle etc) and Big data platform using Hadoop ecosystem (Spark, Hive, NiFi, Sqoop, Flume etc.)
· 4 + years of specific experience extracting and transforming data on large scale data processing solutions
· 2+ years experience in scripting languages (Perl, Python, Java etc)
· 3+ years experience developing with SQL and RDBMS(s), and experience in NoSQL solutions (Hbase, Cassandra, MongoDB, CouchDB etc.) and managing unstructured data.
· Experience working with remote and global teams
· Ability to quickly understand business requirements and transform them into data models
· Curious, critical thinker that likes pushing boundaries
· Strong customer focus and process discipline
· Results driven with a positive can do attitude
· Excellent collaboration and negotiation skills
· Highly team oriented
· Ability to work collaboratively with development/implementation staff through the design and build of new business processes and systems
· Proven experience ingesting, managing and visualizing high volume telemetry data, such as connected device data or manufacturing / shop floor data into a distributed computing platform
· Proficiency in Big Data Ingestion and Data processing patterns
· Working experience of designing & developing solutions in cloud environments (Azure, AWS etc.) with focus on analytics stack
· Experience in utilizing full life-cycle of a Hadoop solution.
· Experience working in agile development methodology
· Experience working with and evaluating open source technologies and demonstrated ability to make objective choices
· Understanding of Machine Learning skills (like Apache Mahout, Spark MLib)
50 Data extraction/modeling experience
10 Perl, python
40 ETL Process
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Applied Mathematics or related field, Master’s degree is a plus
Exempt Discover Honeywell Intelligrated
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, refer to the EEO is the Law poster .
Please refer to the EEO is the Law Supplement Poster & the Pay Transparency Policy .
If a disability prevents you from applying for a job through our website, request assistance here . No other requests will be acknowledged.
Terms & Conditions | Privacy Statement © 2017 Honeywell International Inc.