Deliver business value through Right and Fast partnership
Honeywell is building a smarter, safer, and more sustainable world.
That’s the Power of Connected. That’s the Power of Honeywell.
Honeywell invents and manufactures technologies that address some of the world’s most critical challenges around energy, safety, security, productivity and global urbanization.
Our core businesses – Aerospace, Home and Building Technologies, Safety and Productivity Solutions, and Performance Materials and Technologies – are leaders in their respective industries, driving solutions that make people’s lives better every day. Chances are that there are Honeywell products all around you right now!
Honeywell is uniquely positioned to blend physical products with software to support critically connected systems that improve homes, buildings, factories, utilities, vehicles and aircraft, and that enable a safer, more comfortable and more productive world. Our solutions enhance the quality of life of people around the globe and create new markets and even new industries.
Honeywell is rapidly transforming into a Software Industrial company and we are developing and launching a comprehensive roadmap of critically connected industry-specific solutions that will generate an increasingly significant multi-Billion-dollar portion of the company’s revenue in the next 5 years. Over half of our engineers globally are developing software to augment our extensive and fast growing Connected technology and services portfolio using the Honeywell Sentience™ platform.
We have a fantastic opportunity for aDevOps Ninja / Lean Software Delivery Coachto join our team.
We are looking for an outstanding individual who is a passionate champion of improving human engagement to solve customer problems effectively and efficiently.A successful candidate will engage cross business teams to mentor best practices within the CICD tool-chain and processes to enable Honeywell’s 11k+ Software Engineers to deliver securely, safely, and frequently.
The candidate must enjoy taking initiatives and solving complex problems that help accomplish business objectives in innovative ways, and balance stakeholder and employee expectations without being dogmatic or theoretical about it. You should bring the latest knowledge from across the industry along with hands-on experience in having implemented Agile,continuous integration, and continuous deploy/delivery (CICD)practices across teams in multi-national organizations. You should have the “presence” that inspires teams and individuals to constantly seek progress and improvement. You should believe that the role of a coach is make teams become so good, that theydon’t need you anymore! You must be an excellent facilitator and who is ready to roll up your sleeves when required.
You are a natural networker, and lead by influence and love working with all levels from senior executives to software engineers, as well as stakeholders and collaborators outside the team and across the organization.
Most importantly, you enjoy what you do!
· Train teams and conduct workshops in the application of continuous integration, and continuous deploy/delivery (CICD) practices and lean principles in software product development
· Coach key and mentor roles such as scrum masters, software developers, quality engineers, release train managers, product owners and engineering managers to become more effective problem-solvers
· Manage stakeholder expectations by demonstrating and communicating key indicators of improved effectiveness on a periodic basis
· Build a community of DevOps champions, practitioners and enthusiasts that promotes learning by sharing
· Facilitate a culture of openness, transparency, experimentation, honest introspection, continuous improvement, learning and sharing.
Be a technologist that supports other team members in adopting and implementing technology to improve the application.
25 Experience working in the DevOps landscape with applications in a 24x7x365 environment
25 Hands on experience on any provisioning tools like Ansible, Chef, and Kaavo
25 Exposure to different domains such as enterprise software, embedded and systems software, internet
25 Experience in building and deploying production .NET or Java web applications
You Must Have
· A Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent work experience.
· Solid understanding and knowledge of Lean practices, principles, and tools
· Expert knowledge of Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery Processes
· Up-to-date knowledge with hands-on application of current and emerging software development and DevOps practices such as CI/CD, TDD, ATDD, Agile refactoring approaches.In-depth Knowledge of tools available to support these practices a plus.
· Good working knowledge of Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery Tools (Git/BitBucket, Jenkins/Bamboo, Chef/Puppet/Octopus Deploy, etc)
· Hands-on experience working as an Agile Coach or Scrum Master with software engineering full stack teams using Agile development practices essential. (3-5 years)
· Minimum of 3 years of experience with commonly used agile testing and software quality assurance methods such as white box and black box testing techniques, ATDD, continuous delivery systems (CICD) and code quality checking tools essential
· Hands-on tools experience with Atlassian toolsuite, Artifactory, Octopus Deploy and SonarQube (3-5 years)
· Minimum of 4 years in a leadership role with responsibilities for supporting and driving transformation initiatives, preferably in a multi-national environment essential
· Proficiency in one or more programming languages: C#, Java, etc. (3-5 years)
· Proficiency in scripting languages such as PowerShell, Bash and Python (3-5 years)
· Real world experience with container deployment, orchestration and management technologies (Docker, Kubernetes, Rancher, etc.)
· Experience with web API and UI automated functional system testing frameworks.
· Solid understanding of release strategies that minimize or eliminate application downtime
· Experience and understanding of cloud technologies as well as experience with cloud service providers such as Microsoft Azure, AWS. (3-5 years)
· Experience with test driven development and Microservices architecture (3-5 years).
· Experience designing and building CI/CD pipelines (3-5 years).
· Team player that puts team first, willing to make the difficult decision and have the difficult conversation while providing clear technical recommendations to leadership.
· Demonstrated ability to effectively establish and maintain working relationships across disciplines and across the organization
· Ability to travel up to 25-50%.
· Demonstrated ability to coach teams F2F and remotely and application of structured coaching techniques to help teams define and achieve their growth goals.
· Proven ability to energize and develop people, drive change, help teams to mature in development practices and work with globally distributed, cross functional teams
· Excellent presentation, analytical, and interpersonal skills with attention to detail.
· Demonstrated ability to focus on details and develop workable, repeatable processes
· Minimum of 3 years working with software engineering organizations apply scaling agile approaches such as SAFe (preferred), LeSS & Nexus.Experience scaling across globally distributed teams preferred.
· Good understanding of New Product Introduction processes and issues
· Professional certifications like SAFe DevOps (SDP) CSM, CSPO, CSP, SPC or equivalent
· Professional certification in Six Sigma, Lean are a plus
· It would be desirable if the individual is well-connected in the industry such as various DevOps forums, user groups and is a frequent speaker/thought leader
· It would be desirable for the individual to have wide exposure to different domains such as enterprise software, embedded and systems software, internet, big data, etc.
· Hands on experience on any provisioning tools like Ansible, Chef, and Kaavo.
· Experience in building and deploying production .NET or Java web applications
· Experience working in the DevOps landscape with applications in a 24x7x365 environment with no down time. (2+ years)
· Knowledgeable in common SCM practices, such as branching and code merges
· Knowledge of Monitoring and Logging solutions for ensuring high availability of complex systems
· Ability to work within a Team with strong analytical, problem-solving and communication skills
· Flexible and adaptable; able to work in ambiguous situations.
· Experience working within an Agile team as Software Engineer (5+ years)
· Ability to influence others and move toward a common vision or goal.
· Able to work effectively at all levels in an organization.
Exempt Honeywell Technology Solutions
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, refer to the EEO is the Law poster .
Please refer to the EEO is the Law Supplement Poster & the Pay Transparency Policy .
If a disability prevents you from applying for a job through our website, request assistance here . No other requests will be acknowledged.
Terms & Conditions | Privacy Statement © 2017 Honeywell International Inc.