Lead- Commodity Sourcing Engineer – Honeywell Aerospace – Strategic Sourcing.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Key responsibilities include: generating global part family and commodity sourcing strategies; developing pre-negotiation plans; negotiating agreements with suppliers within required timelines; managing global supplier relationships and escalations; managing performance of assigned suppliers to AOP requirements; driving supplier transitions, repositions, value engineering, cost-take-out, and productivity projects for assigned suppliers and commodities; developing RFQs, managing the export classification and clearance process; working closely with partner organizations on source selection, supporting supplier quality and recovery efforts; and driving continuous improvement actions with assigned suppliers.
The resource participates in cross functional teams across Aerospace to drive Honeywell's supply base to premier levels of performance in Quality, Cost, Delivery, and Service, and partners closely with Honeywell sites to ensure AOP targets are accurately developed and achieved.
The resource is expected to come up to speed and manage his/her desk with minimal direct supervision; to be able to professionally handle the most difficult suppliers and commodities; to be able to develop and execute effective global sourcing strategies for assigned commodities with stakeholder input; to be able to develop and manage standard work and a daily/weekly/monthly/quarterly MOS; and to be assertive in driving the cross-functional team of stakeholders interacting with their suppliers to meet and exceed AOP goals. Capable to handle an annual spend of about US$ 20M.
• Bachelors Degree in Engineering (Mech., Electrical, Electronics, Industrial, Production).
Working experience in Manufacturing Industry in Supply Chain, Operations or a related field.
• Minimum 5-6 years relevant experience in supply chain functions. Overall experience of 8 years minimum.
Additional Qualifications & Experience:
• MBA/advanced technical degree desirable.
• Procurement or Sourcing experience in Aerospace industry desirable.
• Experience in working in large, complex firms is desirable.
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written; fluency in English; other languages a plus.
• Ability to travel (up to 10%).
• Experience in leading as well as participating in cross-functional teams.
• Ability to deal with all levels of personnel, both internally and externally.
• Analytical skills to closely monitor global commodity pricing and execute effective risk mitigation strategies to offset impact.
• Experience at advanced level with Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, and Word.)
• Six Sigma Green Belt certification, desirable.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Honeywell is committed to a diverse workforce.
20 Ensure projects are on or ahead of schedule
20 Review all job contract documents
20 Implement and monitor project schedules
20 Maintain project meeting minutes
20 Report project progress to the
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, refer to the EEO is the Law poster .
Please refer to the EEO is the Law Supplement Poster & the Pay Transparency Policy .
For more information on how we process your information in the job application process, please refer to Recruitment Privacy Notice .
If a disability prevents you from applying for a job through our website, request assistance here . No other requests will be acknowledged.
Terms & Conditions | Privacy Statement © 2017 Honeywell International Inc.