Join a team recognized for leadership, innovation and diversity
Honeywell Aerospace is a $15B company and a leading provider of aircraft engines, integrated avionics, systems and service solutions, and related products/services to aircraft manufacturers and customers.
This position has the leadership responsibility of the overall Aerospace Engineering Tools strategic plan and roadmap. This role will work with multiple leadership stakeholders to translate open-ended problem statements / challenges from various engineering departments into actionable programs delivering productivity and business value. This is a high-visibility role and would report directly to Aerospace Tools Director . Job responsibilities outlined below:
· Define overall aerospace tools strategic plan and roadmap with a 3-year timeframe. Understand the big picture and create integrated blueprint of tools & systems across the Aerospace Engineering Portfolio
· Build and maintain strategic relationships and drive communication with stakeholders
· Translate abstract problem statements, business opportunities and user needs into actionable business proposals
· Conduct / participate in business decision workshops, leadership staff discussions and drive strategic priorities enabling engineering productivity and efficiency
· * Lead business requirements gathering & analysis for key initiatives in a multi-stakeholder environment. Understand business problems, convert them into key business requirements and prioritize them based on impact *
· Mature Requirements Management process and practices. Driving Process Improvements and new Opportunities focusing on customers / end users
· Lead Competitive analysis, Industry benchmarking and Tool/Product fit/gap analysis and drive Make vs Buy decisions.
· Work with Delivery & Technology Leaders, Architects and End-Users holders to ensure solutions delivered maximize business value.
· Keen focus on Human Experience and Human Centric Design.
· Capable of driving NPI (New Product Introduction) and Growth Ideas pipeline.
50 strategic planning
25 portfolio initiatives
· Bachelor's engineering degree and MBA from Top Business School (IIM, ISB).
· * 10+ years’ experience in handling large scale/high impact portfolio initiatives & business solutions. *
· End-to-end SDLC experience in large successful IT/Engineering programs.
· Familiar with AGILE methodologies.
· Strong understanding of Business Process, IT Industry Standards
· * Exposure to Manufacturing / Hi-Tech industries, Product Development Lifecycle systems. Aerospace industry exposure is an added advantage *
· * Executive communication – deliver crisp and impactful presentations to senior leadership / CxOs. *
· * Excellent collaboration and negotiation skills. Ability to work in matrix environment and manage conflicting priorities. *
· Self starter – Take independent action and go beyond what the situation requires.
· Solid team player, build relationships with leadership and delivery teams. Experienced in working with remote teams globally.
· Strong analytical foundation, able to break large problems into manageable chunks.
· Creative problem solver with unconstrained thinking ability.
Exempt Aerospace Overview | Products
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, refer to the EEO is the Law poster .
Please refer to the EEO is the Law Supplement Poster & the Pay Transparency Policy .
If a disability prevents you from applying for a job through our website, request assistance here . No other requests will be acknowledged.
Terms & Conditions | Privacy Statement © 2017 Honeywell International Inc.