Deliver business value through Right and Fast partnership
A Solutions architect has overall responsibility for the architecture and design of solutions that encompass multiple enterprise and strategic applications and technologies. The Solution Architect is responsible for evaluating the requirements of a business or IT request and then architecting, designing and potentially creating the basic framework of an IT solution to support that request. Solutions may cover a broad spectrum of the business (i.e. any SBG, HR, Finance etc.) and applications/ technologies regardless of the architect’s primary area of expertise. The architect is responsible for the creation and presentation of several artifacts including, but not limited to the solutions sketch, LOE estimates, Vendor evaluations etc. He/She is further responsible for working with the development teams and providing design oversight and guidance at varying levels during project execution. Finally, the solutions architect is charged with ensuring solutions are in support of strategic goals for the company – both business and IT.
35 Demonstrated IT design and/or architecture experience
20 Demonstrated experience in an Industrial company (or similar) with enterprise level systems
10 Experience in Cloud based architecture/ development
35 Experience working in large-scale, heterogeneous IT environments
Duties & Responsibilities
- Evaluates high level requirements from business analysts, and IT business partners for completeness and accuracy
- Engages with business partners across all spectrums of business to triage requests and determine solution options
- Develops, documents and presents solutions to members of multiple development and infrastructure teams for purposes of solution development and or the gathering/refining of estimates
- Leads and drives solution discussions both with business and other IT personnel
- Organizes and leads cross-functional discussions within the IT and business organizations in support of solution development
- Guides and directs cross-functional project teams throughout project execution life-cycle
- Ensures both requests and solutions are in alignment with strategic goals
- Manages solutions across multiple initiatives and teams simultaneously
- Evaluates technical capabilities of vendors on behalf of Honeywell
- Creates and presents solutions with varying options covering both tactical and strategic needs as necessary
- Resolves technical or architectural disputes
- Represents Solutions Architecture and/or IT organization as a whole in discussions with third parties (vendors, clients, joint venture partners, etc.)
- Represents Solutions Architecture and provides solutions support for various NDA and confidential assignments
- Drives and provides technical leadership for cross-functional projects from design through to deployment as needed
- Represents Solutions Architecture and/or IT organization as a whole in discussions with members of senior management
- Provides technical and business guidance to other members of the solutions architecture organization
- Ensures adherence to established standards and processes
- Provides managers with technical performance assessments
- Recognizes new/evolving trends and ensures personal growth and skill maintenance as a contributor. Analyzes new technologies to resolve business problems
- Works with vendors to better understand how features and interfaces of outside applications can facilitate the fulfillment of customer requests
- Help with or lead application migration efforts between application platforms
- Technical expertise in one or more technology domains
- Demonstrated in depth understanding of multiple enterprise level and strategic applications supporting the multiple Honeywell SBGs (Aero, PMT, SPS, HBT etc.)
- Demonstrated ability to influence with credibility across business functions or technologies with analysis (based on prior experience).
- Demonstrated ability to represent IT in senior management level discussions and with third parties
- Demonstrated excellent interpersonal, oral/presentation and written communication skills in both technical and non-technical language.
- Strong leadership, project and team building skills – ability to lead teams and drive projects and initiatives by working effectively with others with a demonstrated ability to work cross-departmentally.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver under tight timelines with minimal oversight and input
- Strong collaborator – willingness to share ideas, documentation and best practices.
- Conceptual and analytical thinker – ability to extract, analyze and document complex business and technical requirements/strategies from customers and IT team members.
- 8+ years of demonstrated IT design and/or architecture experience
- Preferably 2+ years demonstrated experience in an Industrial company (or similar) with enterprise level systems
- 1+ year experience in Cloud based architecture/ development
6 years’ experience working in large-scale, heterogeneous IT environments
Discover Honeywell Intelligrated
- Continued Professional Development
- Relocation Provided
- Job ID: req146340
- Category: Engineering
- Location: Devarabisanahalli Village, KR Varturhobli,, East Taluk - Phase I, Bangalore, KA 560103 IND
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, refer to the EEO is the Law poster .
Please refer to the EEO is the Law Supplement Poster & the Pay Transparency Policy .
If a disability prevents you from applying for a job through our website, request assistance here . No other requests will be acknowledged.
Terms & Conditions | Privacy Statement © 2017 Honeywell International Inc.