Cycle Time Leader
Design solutions to drive safe living and quality of life
Why you would want this role?
Honeywell Aerospace is a leading provider of integrated avionics, engines, systems and service solutions for aircraft manufacturers, airlines, business and general aviation, military space and airport operations.
What are we looking for?
An exciting opportunity has become available on our site in Basingstoke for an individual to join our leadership team as a cycle team leader. Reporting to the Site Leader and matrixed to the EMEAI ISC OE Cycle Time Leader, this person will be responsible for implementing and driving accountability for the OE Cycle Time strategy at their respective site. The role will implement an operating system across the site's value streams, working closely with the Cycle Time community and will be instrumental in setting a course to achieve the Cycle time vision at their site. This is a high visibility role within our organisation with the ability for someone to put their stamp on this role, and really make it their own.
What will you be doing every day?
- Responsible for developing and implementing Cycle Time Strategy, Culture, Learning & Improvements, and driving productivity
- Responsible for driving and coaching operating efficiencies and process
- Turn Around Time reductions using Lean principles and HOS tools & techniques, to improve Site performance and exceed Customer expectations for delivery and quality.
- Develop Site Strategy for Cycle Time reduction through End To End Value Stream Mapping including functions to understand full Business opportunities. Support learning and understanding through Training and Coaching of Site team building accountability and knowledge base.
- Drive areas of improvement through Kaizen methodology of Waste reduction opportunities using proven Lean / HOS tools for sustained improvements.
- Develop and improve an Operating System making Cycle Time / Turn Around Time a key KPI for success alongside tool usage and flow methodology.
- Regularly report out on key project status, Cycle performance and Kaizen activity. Work closely with the Site Leaders in developing site improvement strategies and Site HOS Leader in HOS deployment .
- Develop Cycle Time strategies for the site that enables AOP and STRAP objectives to be achieved for Delivery and Inventory
- Working within the EMEAI R&O Cycle Time network, being instrumental in setting a course to achieve the 7/14/21 vision at the sites.
- Participation in and the development of overarching Cycle Time Strategies for EMEAI's Service centres. Participation in Cycle Time initiatives at other Sites and across the EMEAI R&O Value Stream.
- Coordinate the site teams (cross-functional) to drive Cycle Time initiatives that deliver Productivity (Cost) savings to meet AOP objectives
- Support Regional Cycle Time Leader in Key Cycle Time communications, report outs / regional MOR, key projects, training and strategies. Collate and report Cycle Time performance to EMEA Senior Leadership (regional) on a weekly & monthly basis.
- Be a key member of the Site Leadership Team helping to: develop strategy, deploy strategy and coordinate site teams and activities to ensure that the site meets AOP targets for Safety, Quality, Delivery, Inventory, and Cost,
Provide regular communications and training for the Site team for Cycle Time and Kaizen via coaching sessions, newsletter, tier meetings and town halls
20 Drive and execute new initiatives
20 Influence functional stakeholders
20 Metrics improvement
20 Support Integrated Supply Chain sites
20 Manage data and report
What skills and requirements do you need?
- You must have a degree within an engineering discipline
- You must have Lean manufacturing experience within a factory/site environment
- You will need to have excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- You will need to have strong influencing and coaching skills
- You will need to have experience of working within a six sigma/Kaizen environment where you have applied this knowledge practically
- You will have a sound knowledge of ISC
- Strong analytical skills, and a good level of IT proficiency is required
Exempt Why Our Employees Chose Aerospace
- Continued Professional Development
- Some Travel Required
- Job ID: HRD29784
- Category: Integrated Supply Chain
- Location: Edison Road, Houndmills Estate, Basingstoke, HANTS RG21 6QD GBR
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, refer to the EEO is the Law poster .
Please refer to the EEO is the Law Supplement Poster & the Pay Transparency Policy .
If a disability prevents you from applying for a job through our website, request assistance here . No other requests will be acknowledged.
Terms & Conditions | Privacy Statement © 2017 Honeywell International Inc.