Join the industry leader to design the next generation of breakthroughs
The Strategic Marketing Director, PMT LATAM is responsible for leading, managing and directing all of the marketing related activities, developing and maintaining a strategic plan and driving the regional growth strategy with the local leadership. He/she will work in coordination with both the Global and the
PMT LATAM regional business & functional leaders to identify, document and execute a growth strategy for the business. This growth strategy will be developed through expert use of Voice of the Customer discussions to discern target customer segments, economics, competitive dynamics, development of offerings for each target segment, and development of all go to market approaches including channel, positioning, pricing and promotion. The successful candidate will lead the regional marketing and product management professionals from all SBEs to develop and execute the overall PMT business’ strategic plan. This person will also work with the business and R&D leaders to drive the regional New Product Development (NPD) roadmap and lead on all strategic and implementation programs related to the marketing function.
The successful candidate will work closely with the field sales organization, distributors, internal executives, and key business partners to maximize the growth, development and return on investment of the organization’s product portfolio today and in the future. He/She will oversee business/market intelligence development, syndicated data, sales analysis and corresponding presentations with appropriate and relevant insight so as to identify communicate and capitalize on the most advantageous business opportunities.
• Drive marketing excellence throughout the Honeywell PMT LATAM organization.
• Define and manage the Marketing and Competitive Intelligence function.
• Drive evaluation of business and product line strategic opportunities
• Improve local regional pricing excellence and impact.
• Prioritize with the Functional and other Business Leaders new business opportunities.
• Ensure functional strategies align with and support overall business strategy
• Identify branding opportunities to further expand product line, penetration, as well as positioning advantages throughout LATAM.
• Develop and implement comprehensive marketing plans focusing on growing sales and increasing profitability with frequent interaction with the relevant regional High Growth Region (HGR) business leadership for LATAM.
• Investigate marketing opportunities with significant scale and synergy to drive growth and leverage current portfolio of products; support local M&A due diligence activities as appropriate.
• Develop and implement all marketing department standards, policies and procedures.
Develop and maintain a strategic plan:
• Lead the STRAP process (Honeywell’s annual strategy planning process)
• Portfolio analysis and assessment to identify revenue and growth plans by market and product segment.
• Conduct fact-based analysis of market trends; competitive data; technology advancements; and customer needs assessment and new product developments.
• Create of a prioritized strategic technology development plan and analyze and report any issues related to Product approval and New Product Introduction activities
• Support and coordinate Government specification approval & any local funding processes
Lead the regional growth strategy:
• Evaluate organic growth strategies by product line particularly geographical expansion, local sourcing and local production and other channels to build revenue and brand in the region.
• Identify and develop adjacent product, market, and region opportunities such as “Sourcing” and “Tolling” projects
• Identify and evaluate inorganic growth strategies including acquisitions, alliance, licensing, and partnership opportunities linked to the strategic plan.
• Closely work with regional BD director to support PMT investment projects in LATAM
Closely work with the SBG functional leaders and the HGR business teams to ensure a
coordinated strategy and associated actions are executed upon rigorously so as to drive new growth
Coordinate with the SBG and regional functional leaders a comprehensive talent landscape analysis of the local marketing resources on a periodic basis, identify the gaps and organizational design requirements and ensure local talent development plans are implemented so as to improve recruitment, onboarding, retention and general business acumen skills enhancement.
35 Manage marketing activities
35 Develop and maintain an strategic plan
30 Lead the regional growth strategy
Education / Qualifications
• An undergraduate degree in engineering, economics or other highly analytical discipline is required.
• An MBA.
• Proven track record in strategic marketing with practical experiences in owning the ‘concept-to-cash’ offering lifecycle
• Deep knowledge of the sales function and the best practices around target account management, account planning and value proposition development and execution with the sales forceExperience• Practical experience of working with R&D and Marketing on stage gate driven new offering development processes and ideally with examples of technology development and commercialization• The successful candidate will likely have a minimum of 10-year experience in a premier business to business marketing organization or top tier management consulting firm. He/she must have success leading marketing, strategic planning and growth initiatives.
• The successful candidate will have skills in strategic marketing with experience in assessing, analyzing and solving complex strategic business issues. And be capable to communicate the consensus driven strategy effectively to senior audiences and be able to drive results versus the plan given the
complexity of multiple functions and geographic centers of resource and decision making
• The ideal experience base for this position would include a hybrid of both marketing and strategy.
• Preferably, the successful candidate will have worked in sales as well as in a strategic consulting or staff marketing role. He/she is an excellent broad-based business thinker who can collaborate effectively with peers and executive functional and senior business line leaders.Specifically, the successful candidate should bring:
• Proven strategic marketing, strategy formulation and product/business positioning skills.
• Solid commercial development and marketing expertise in a business to business distribution centric environment with significant growth expectation.
• Broad strategic analysis skill set complimented with a detail orientation.
• Ability to build credibility with existing experience by building relationship and investing in building internal relationship with business leadership, marketing, sales, technology and other key business segment and functional leaders
• Balance of strategic skills to identify marketing opportunities and trends as well as tactical pragmatic marketing implementation skills.- be able to lead the development of a clear and articulated business strategy that gains senior level support and associated resources
• Results growing a business with profitable, organic and acquisition-oriented initiatives that leverage a company’s core technology, cost and competitive advantages.
• Experience with the implementation of growth, new business development and marketing initiatives that lead to stronger market penetration.
• Proven ability to successfully direct business opportunities, including market assessment, strategic planning, objective setting and implementation.
• Track record of establishing short and long term market and product growth goals, then executing operating plans to achieve them.
• Strong business acumen, “street smarts” and an in-depth understanding of the marketing and financial implications of new opportunities.
• Ability to understand and add value to high-level management interactions, with a proven ability to develop and “sell” creative business strategies.
• Experience managing in a matrixed and lean culture that continuously prioritizes operational excellence.
• Exceptional leadership skills, energy and teaming capability; the ability to lead and motivate, share vision, inspire and rally colleagues – adept at managing the complexities of connecting leadership across multiple functions, countries and time zones. Exempt Careers at Honeywell - Engineering
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, refer to the EEO is the Law poster .
Please refer to the EEO is the Law Supplement Poster & the Pay Transparency Policy .
If a disability prevents you from applying for a job through our website, request assistance here . No other requests will be acknowledged.
Terms & Conditions | Privacy Statement © 2017 Honeywell International Inc.