Join a team recognized for leadership, innovation and diversity
This position will serve as the Director of Strategic Marketing for Honeywell’s Advanced Connected Sustainability Technologies (ACST) business, located in Broomfield, Colorado. The position reports to the President of ACST. It is envisioned that the candidate will have primary responsibility for all strategy and marketing matters involving ACST. The successful candidate will work with the business leadership team to identify, document and execute a growth strategy for the business. This person will also work with the business and functional leaders to create and prioritize a strategic growth plan for the business. This will be accomplished by working cross-functionally with relevant topic experts as well as building a focused commercial team to execute on the business’ strategic plan.
The successful candidate will work closely with operations, procurement, engineering and R&D, internal senior executives, business development, key business partners and the senior management team to maximize the growth, development and return on investment of the organization’s offering portfolio today and in the future. He or she will oversee development of customer insights and business/market intelligence development, syndicated data, sales analysis and corresponding presentations to identify and capitalize on the most advantageous business opportunities. ACST is a provider of technologies and services serving multiple customers, including the US government.
Summary of Duties
· Develop strategic plans that enable businesses to grow faster than their markets.
· Define global marketing and business development strategies aligned to the strategic plan.
· Align functional plans with the strategic plan. Lead integrated cross-functional teams to execute plan to drive outstanding financial results.
· Develop and implement comprehensive marketing plans focusing on growing sales and increasing profitability
· Develop forward looking offering plans that enable profitable growth into the future.
· Identification of cross-selling opportunities that fully utilize the breadth of Honeywell’s product and service offerings across all businesses.
· Investigate marketing opportunities with significant scale and synergy to drive growth and leverage current portfolio of products.
· Develop and implement all marketing department standards, policies and procedures.
· Hire, assess, develop and grow marketing organization.
· Build world class marketing capabilities, processes and tools.
· Use management operating system to drive results
20 Develop Business Strategies
20 Develop Marketing Execution Plans
20 Lead Commercial Partner Engagement
20 Build and Lead a High Performing Team
20 Drive Business & Marketing Performance Measurements
• Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline (e.g. engineering, physics, etc.)
• MBA or technical graduate degree
• Due to US export control laws, must be a US citizen. In this position, you will exercise discretion and independent judgment on matters of significance.
• Proven strategic marketing, strategy formulation and product/business positioning skills
• Commercial development and marketing expertise in a B2B environment with significant growth expectation
• Broad strategic analysis skill set complimented with a detail orientation
• Experience in developing effective business strategies and marketing plans across many different operating environments
• Results growing a business with profitable, organic and acquisition-oriented initiatives that leverage a company’s core technology, cost and competitive advantages
• Proven people leader and developer of talent
• Experience with the implementation of growth, new business development and marketing initiatives that lead to stronger market penetration
• Team player
• Proven ability to successfully direct start-up business opportunities, including market assessment, strategic planning, objective setting and implementation.
• Track record of establishing short and long term market and product growth goals, then executing operating plans to achieve them.
• Strong business acumen, “street smarts” and an in-depth understanding of the marketing and financial implications of new opportunities.
• Ability to understand and add value to high-level management interactions, with a proven ability to develop and “sell” creative business strategies.
• Experience managing in a matrixed and lean culture that continuously prioritizes operational excellence.
• Exceptional leadership skills, energy and teaming capability; the ability to lead and motivate, share vision, inspire and rally colleagues
• Strong customer focus
• Highest standards of integrity and good judgment
• A self-starter who is very productive and has the motivation to assume increasing and significant responsibility
• Willingness to travel
Exempt Careers at Honeywell - Engineering
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, refer to the EEO is the Law poster .
Please refer to the EEO is the Law Supplement Poster & the Pay Transparency Policy .
If a disability prevents you from applying for a job through our website, request assistance here . No other requests will be acknowledged.
Terms & Conditions | Privacy Statement © 2017 Honeywell International Inc.