Innovate to solve the world's most important challenges
Honeywell International is a $40-billion diversified technology and manufacturing global leader. Honeywell has more than 130,000 employees in 100 countries around the world and has a demonstrated heritage of both innovation and achievement.
The Sustainability Technologies team is looking for a highly qualified Optical Engineer/Scientist with significant design experience to apply his/her knowledge to unique industrial applications. The ideal candidate will have a deep understanding of optical principles, intimate knowledge of optical design/analysis tools and broad experience with optical and photonic components.
At Honeywell, we look for people driven by a desire to contribute, be challenged and grow. Our people make Honeywell a special company and are a key competitive advantage.
50 Design, install, align, debug, and optimize, and maintain optical beamlines
25 Design, build, & install radio-frequency (RF) systems for electro-optic components
25 Apply previous experience in optical design, testing, & maintenance to develop & perform experiments
YOU MUST HAVE
• Must be a U.S. citizen as a government security clearance is required
• Bachelor’s of Science Degree in Physics, Engineering, or related field
• Extensive experience with optical system/device design and testing, including independent ability to set up and optimize complex optical beamlines including modulators, stabilizers, etc.
• Strong and demonstrated expertise in one or more of the following: nonlinear optics, optical telecommunication, optical waveguide design, laser design and stabilization
• Master’s degree or PhD in optical science, optical engineering, or related field
• Expertise with optical design software such as CodeV, Zemax, Lumerical, or equivalent for both imaging and light-delivery systems
• Strong understanding of geometric and physical optics theory (e.g. Gaussian beam propagation and laser physics), optical components, and standard experimental practices and techniques
• Working knowledge of light detection components
• Experience with custom lens design specification, including diffractive, spherical and aspherical elements
• Hands-on test and measurement of optical components experience
• Knowledge of opto-electronic devices, including photo-detectors and lasers
• Experience with writing proposals and presenting in front of customers as well as negotiating with customers and partners
• Strong organizational, leadership, and negotiation skills with customers, partners, and colleagues
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
Exempt How Honeywell is Connecting the World
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, refer to the EEO is the Law poster .
Please refer to the EEO is the Law Supplement Poster & the Pay Transparency Policy .
If a disability prevents you from applying for a job through our website, request assistance here . No other requests will be acknowledged.
Terms & Conditions | Privacy Statement © 2017 Honeywell International Inc.