Join a team recognized for leadership, innovation and diversity
Supports Infrastructure operations by identifying and solving operational problems. Administers and maintains infrastructure (including LAN & WAN equipment). Provides IT operations functions for the organization’s standard hardware, software and data network solutions. Responsible for the installation, and life-cycle maintenance of servers and LAN/WAN network connectivity equipment, the installation, and life-cycle maintenance of servers and storage and cloud resources.Acts as the primary point of communication between NOC and operating, business and functional units.Performs local administration and operations functions as appropriate in accordance with standards, policies and procedures. Oversees contract staff for operations delivery.
· Identifies operational problems by observing and studying system functions and performance alerts and reports, investigating complaints and completing troubleshooting procedures.
· Anticipates operational problems by studying operating targets, modes of operation, unit limitations; monitoring unit performance.
· Improves operational quality results by studying, evaluating, and recommending process re-design; implementing changes; contributing information and opinion to unit design and modification teams.
· Provides operational management information by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing operating and engineering data and trends.
· Schedule and performs tests, validate all network/server operating systems, hardware and software computing technology standards in our production environment
· Schedule and performs tests, validate all cloud network/server operating systems, hardware and software computing technology standards in our production environment
· Utilize problem management system to track all issues, ownership of ticket/problem resolution management and provide statistic reporting to management as required
· Assist with installation of application software, including security, permissions, process management, monitoring, and problem notification and escalation
· Ensure backups are configured, scheduled, and completed
· Maintain documentation related to supported systems
· Manage, maintain, and monitor all infrastructure devices to ensure health and capacity of the systems
· Performance monitoring, tuning, and capacity planning.Report on performance and availability
· Oversee activities of managed services provider/staff
· Develop Standard Operating Procedures for execution by managed services provider
· Maintains safe and healthy work environment by following and enforcing standards and procedures; complying with legal regulations.
· Apply device patches and upgrades on a regular basis, and upgrade administrative tools and utilities.
· Configure / add new services as necessary.
· Maintain operational, configuration, or other procedures.
· Interact with customers (key account customers). These interactions will be done by following Honeywell’s level 2 process defined. (on call / emails / documents / …)
25 Identifies operational problems by observing and studying system functions and performance alerts
25 Anticipates operational problems
25 Improves operational quality results
25 Oversee activities of managed services provider/staff
· Must have the talent and ability to learn new technologies and implement them successfully.
· Effective hardware and software problem solving abilities.
· Strong knowledge of network and server protocols (TCP/IP, BGP, EIGRP, IPSECetc.)
· Advanced knowledge with installation, configuration and support of Cisco infrastructure devices (load balancers, firewalls, routers and switches).
· Knowledge of Project Management concepts and tools
· Must be a self-starter and be able to work well independently and in a team
· Problem Solving skills and technical understanding to determine causes of operating errors and deciding what to do about it.
· Adept at using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
· Interpret and/or discuss information with others, which involves terminology or concepts not familiar to many people.
· Communication skills to talk with others to convey information effectively.
· Managing one's own time and the time of others
· Bachelor's degree in related technology/business areas or equivalent work experience.
· A foundation in Six Sigma, ITIL or similar tools and philosophies for driving continuous improvement.
· Position requires approx. 10% travel
Exempt How Honeywell is Connecting the World
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, refer to the EEO is the Law poster .
Please refer to the EEO is the Law Supplement Poster & the Pay Transparency Policy .
If a disability prevents you from applying for a job through our website, request assistance here . No other requests will be acknowledged.
Terms & Conditions | Privacy Statement © 2017 Honeywell International Inc.