Join a team recognized for leadership, innovation and diversity
Support the sales function in theHoneywell Connected Plant organization by developing accurate, timely and professional estimates. You will analyze the sales estimates to the customer requirements and provide guidance on factors to be used for competitive estimating. You will provide accurate and timely estimates which include scope, material, and labor effort by skilled discipline. You will develop cost effective estimates and identify explicit proposal inclusions to be prepared within required timelines. You will seek new and creative solutions for addressing customer needs.
This is a regional role and will directly support the EMEA Region (Europe, Middle East & Africa) for the Honeywell Connect Plant business.
Previous experience in the following fields will be considered an asset: Industrial Control Systems along with; Alarm & Operations Management, Process Optimization, Process Simulators, Process History & Analytics
Manage & Lead proposal & estimating effort, by Consulting Professionals of various disciplines within the global Honeywell organization and engaging with the global Proposal and Estimation (P&E) teams, ultimately resulting in the submission to customer of a (when required highly complex) smart and winning proposal.
Completing all Honeywell internal requirements related to the above such as estimating of required material and labor efforts, prepare full commercial offerings in cooperation with Lines Of Business, global marketing organizations and sales representatives, preparing/writing complete proposal documents ready to be submitted to customer, resolving technical solutions concepts, engagement/involvement with the operational organizations of the Lines Of Business to determine and document project delivery models to be included as part of the Honeywell proposals, management of formal functional and hierarchical approval traces, responding to legal implications and management of required sourcing activities.
• Enter and submit timesheet in SAP or Team’s locally approved format, and ensure that the whole team does as well.
• Study RFQ and other documents / drawings supplied by customer.
• Understand the scope of work to be delivered in the project.
• A Proposal Plan should be prepared, as per the Standard Operating Procedures, which should also include all resources, responsibilities, deliverables and dates.
• Review the Technical Queries generated by the team, Third Party Vendors and other Honeywell Business Units and send to customer.
• For Honeywell hardware supply, use the relevant configuration tool to estimate cost and generate Bill of Material (BoM).
• Identify 3rd party Packages / Equipment / Buyout items and engage Procurement to obtain sub-vendor Technical and Commercial offers.
• Working with Procurement, Evaluate the Technical and Commercial Offers received from Third Party Vendors and Honeywell Business Units.
• Lead the compilation of the Technical and Commercial proposal in required format.
• Study of Technical and Commercial queries/ clarifications received from customer and draft responses
• Update / Revise the Technical and Commercial offer.
• Prepare the Cost Estimates using the relevant tools as laid out in the Standard Operating Procedures. • Compile the cost estimate for all the items.
• Create and submit the internal approcals
• Prepare for, and lead, the internal approval Review as per the Standard Operating Procedures.
• Full proposals and costing for the specified business solution(s)
• Lead, expedite and coordinate responses from operations, contracts, procurement to complete tenders as required
• Contribute to institutional learning and “favorites” with full use of estimating tools to maximize sharing and to ensure consistency with the rest of the organization.
• Ensure all Honeywell proposals and sales project files are in accordance with Honeywell standards and processes.
• Thoroughly understands and follows company policies to minimize Honeywell’s exposure to risk and ethics violations.
• Maintain high level of knowledge of the marketplace, technology and application trends.
• Obtain necessary approvals on sell price, deviations, risks mitigation and standard terms & conditions.
• Handover to Operations as per the SOP’s when project is awarded
• Be a change agent, influence, consult and lead efforts for sharing and standardizing of best practices.
Work independently on the proposal and estimating for the specific project per global Estimating process, standard and tool.
Strategically support the organization by developing timely professional estimates
Drive right and fast cost effective estimates
Drive continuous improvement and lead change in a premiere Sales organization
25 Develop Estimates
25 Identify Proposal Inclusions
25 Create Alternate Solutions
25 Build relationships between internal customers
* YOU MUST HAVE *
* WE VALUE *
Ability to meet and improve delivered financial results from implemented estimates
Exempt Performance Materials and Technologies
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, refer to the EEO is the Law poster .
Please refer to the EEO is the Law Supplement Poster & the Pay Transparency Policy .
If a disability prevents you from applying for a job through our website, request assistance here . No other requests will be acknowledged.
Terms & Conditions | Privacy Statement © 2017 Honeywell International Inc.