Join a team recognized for leadership, innovation and diversity
Senior Proposal Engineer – Honeywell Connected Plant (Advanced Solutions), Pacific
Manage and Lead multiple proposal and estimating efforts under the Honeywell Connected Plant (Advanced Solutions) portfolio in Pacific including Australia, New Zealand and Papua New Guinea, by Consulting Professionals of various disciplines within the APAC Honeywell AS organization and engaging with the Global Centre of Excellence teams, efforts taking place in series or parallel (in)dependently ultimately resulting in the submission to customer of (when required highly complex) smart and winning proposals.
1. Analyze the customer's requirements, and deliver high quality proposals and correctly judged clarification responses through experience and use of the necessary company resources with the aim of achieving a high rate of success.
2. Prepare and create Technical and Commercial proposal documentation in response to customer's requests for proposals, estimates and information through lead, expedite and coordinate responses from Sales, Operations, Consulting, Contracts, Procurement, Finance and/or other relevant functions.
3. Adhere to the Global Business Support Standard Operating Procedures and proposal documents are in accordance with Global standards tools and templates.
4. Contribute to institutional learning and best practice with full use of estimating tools to maximize sharing and to ensure consistency with the rest of the organization.
5. Coordinate internal process and obtain necessary approvals on sell price, deviations, risks mitigation and terms and conditions before submission for proposal.
6. Working with Procurement team, evaluate the Technical and Commercial Offers received from Third Party Vendors and other Honeywell Business Units.
7. Strong collaboration with various Global Proposal support team to deliver high quality proposals on-time.
8. Thoroughly understands and follows company policies to minimize Honeywell’s exposure to risk and ethics violations.
9. Ensure proposed solutions are optimal, technical and commercial alternatives are considered for most compliant bid and/or providing the optimum value to the customer.
10. Participate in bid clarification meetings (as required), study of Technical and Commercial queries/ clarifications received from customer, then draft and compile responses.
11. Handover to Operations as per the Business Support Standard Operating Procedures when project is awarded.
12. Maintain high level of knowledge of the marketplace, technology and application trends.
Be a change agent, influence, consult and lead efforts for sharing and standardizing of best practices or areas of improvements.
25 Deliver High Quality Proposals
25 Collaborate and Coordinate Responses
25 Contribute to Institutional Learning
25 Maintain Knowledge of Trends
YOU MUST HAVE:
- Min Bachelor degree in the field of the job such as Information Technology/Chemical / Process Automation Engineering or equivalent.
- Min 4 years of project implementation or Proposals & Estimation experience.
- Preferably with experience in Advanced Solutions business solutions space.
- Meticulous, Open-minded, Team Player and Excellent Communication skill, preferably with cross-cultural experience.
- Technically minded, an integrative thinker and takes on initiatives.
- Competent in Microsoft Office tools and other business applications
- A well developed sense of the customer’s business and requirements in the Automation market.
- Some knowledge of competitor’s solutions, value propositions, market strategies, and positioning, will be an added advantage.
- Fluent in oral and written English.
- Exposure to Honeywell Proposal & Estimating processes and tools such as Siebel, eGAP will be an added advantage.
- Good understanding of Honeywell Advanced Solutions product/solutions and understands the unique value proposition of Honeywell’s offering.
How Honeywell is Connecting the World
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, refer to the EEO is the Law poster .
Please refer to the EEO is the Law Supplement Poster & the Pay Transparency Policy .
If a disability prevents you from applying for a job through our website, request assistance here . No other requests will be acknowledged.
Terms & Conditions | Privacy Statement © 2017 Honeywell International Inc.