Deliver business value through Right and Fast partnership
Responsibilities may include but not limited to:
-Responsible for product enhancement, cost reduction and ongoing production support of new products and for product improvements through value engineering and product customization efforts on electronic control products as embedded software developer.
- Performs full range of technical work including assignments requiring special qualifications / attainments.
- Lead projects coordinating Technical, Validation and Documentation Activities. Propose product performance improvements, cost reduction or new product introduction.
- Coordinate and validate other Software Engineer activities and projects.
- Standardize and Improve Embedded Software Activities to be applied across other line of business.
- Defines and leads problem solving process which supports Chihuahua Design Center goals and objectives.
- Uses technical capability and significant problem analysis to establish most effective solution for complex problems that involve interaction of several technical disciplines.
- Generates, evaluates, selects and implements solutions which are equal to the industry’s state of the art and which may not have prior application at Honeywell.
- Improves technical processes, either independently or through cross-functional teams.
- Applies and develops advanced methodologies and technologies requiring high degree of technical innovation.
- Provides technical insight to analyze risks and opportunities and adjusts plans to minimize risk and maximize opportunity.
- Recognizes potential new products and works primarily with Honeywell staff, customers, and potential partners to influence technical and business impact.
- Coordinates significant issues with other Honeywell organizations.
- Develops measures to support initiatives and strategies.
- Mentors others in the application of processes and tools.
- Apply engineering principles to the analysis and solution of technical issues related to the design and manufacture of high volume, electronic and electromechanical products.
This engineer applies state of the art knowledge of microprocessors and embedded SW design to assure high quality, low cost solutions.
Responsibilities include collaborating with hardware product design engineers and other software developers, work with marketing on definition of product and system requirements, and collaborate with operations teams to assure the voice of the customer is represented in new and improved designs, work with source on selection and development of suppliers.
20 Develop software
20 Manage software applications
20 Creation of instructional technical manuscripts
20 Create reports
Basic Candidate Qualifications
BS degree in Computer Engineering or Electronic Engineering.
Minimum 10+ years of experience in embedded software development utilizing "C/C++" languages and software product development for high-volume production.
Advanced experience with 8, 16, 32… bit microcontrollers is required.
ARM knowledge is required.
Strong Hardware knowledge related to BSP & HAL.
Knowledge in boot loader and specific components such as Wifi communication and USB stacks.
Familiar with any CMMI compliant software development processes, as well as the tools associated to such processes (i.e. Subversion, Jira, Enterprise Architect, Contour, Crucible, etc)
Experience in OTA (Over The Air) programming environment.
Project Management Training or experience.
Experience with UML and/or SYSML modeling.
Abilities to excel in a multi-cultural and multi-lingual environment.
Ability to work independently, and within a global organization.
Ability to travel as required.
Organized with the ability to manage a diverse workload.
Organized and thorough in release of required documentation.
Scripting languages as Perl or Python
Knowledge of Six Sigma/ Lean Manufacturing a plus.
Interaction with technical societies preferred.
Experience with Atmel/Microchip/TI/Renesas microprocessors and IAR Systems compilers
Certified as Scrum Master
MSc or PhD in Computer engineering or embedded SW related fields is a plus
Exempt Honeywell Technology Solutions
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, refer to the EEO is the Law poster .
Please refer to the EEO is the Law Supplement Poster & the Pay Transparency Policy .
If a disability prevents you from applying for a job through our website, request assistance here . No other requests will be acknowledged.
Terms & Conditions | Privacy Statement © 2017 Honeywell International Inc.