Lead Supplier Recovery Specialist
Deliver business value through Right and Fast partnership
This is an exciting time in Honeywell Aerospace’s Sourcing and Procurement organization, and here is a great opportunity to showcase your project management and technical skills!
Honeywell Aerospace is a $14 billion-plus Strategic Business Group (SBG) with 44,000 employees in over 125 domestic and international locations. We are a leading global aviation supplier designing, manufacturing and distributing advanced electronic systems, products and services to commercial, defense and space industries.
The Lead Supplier Recovery Specialist drives performance improvements by using change management skills at suppliers to identify complex systemic problems throughout the supply chain as it relates to specific chronic problem suppliers and implement solutions and control plans Aero-wide. Supplier Recovery responsibilities would include validation of forecasts, acknowledged POs to support demand, are accurate, measure / improve supplier Line of Balances (LOB) and past dues (PD), verify raw material and work in process positions, resolve poor yields & quality performance, resolve capacity issues, identify tooling / machine gap needs, ensure supplier has stable / accurate demand signals to improve supplier look ahead metrics:
Additional responsibilities include:
- Implement Supplier Recovery / Improvement / standard work, used to develop suppliers to perform at World Class levels by improving process capabilities.
- Deploy Supplier Recovery / Development advanced tools of which may include any combination of assessments, training, quality improvements, delivery improvements, capacity improvement, lead-time reductions, Lean, Six Sigma, and / or cost savings.
- Perform Supplier Investigations using stakeholder analysis and data collection.
- Interface with all senior level management of the organization, suppliers, and customers regarding supplier performance and improvement actions and processes and be prepared to report out at executive levels on plans and results.
- Deploy within the Honeywell Aerospace supply chain to internal functions or external suppliers for assessment of chronic business performance in more complex or advanced supplier issues.
- Work collaboratively across complex organizational structures to develop and implement systemic solutions as countermeasures to resolve chronic business performance issues.
- Create and manage implementation of strategic projects including project plans, overall tracking capability, reporting of progress within team and up through leadership.
- Lead in cross functional project teams driving improvements in OTTR, Past Due, Volatility, Sub-tier management and Linearity at supplier sites and participate at the internal Aero level
- Provide critical business data & analytics for ISC projects.
- Create and deploy standard work, training materials, and Aerospace policies / procedures where applicable.
- Complete root cause analysis and recommend / implement corrective actions where projected results are below plan.
- Develop solutions for driving closure of root-cause actions identified through Value Stream Mapping, identification of UDO’s and Rapid Problem Solving (RPS) events conducted at suppliers.
- Assist in identifying, recruiting, and retaining top management talent in Honeywell Aerospace.
- Shows very strong written and oral communication skills to all stakeholders
- Perform analysis on supplier performance using OneSource, SAP, HASP, Control Tower or other Honeywell databases.
Over 90% daily travel
35 Lean Manufacturing/Waste elimination
30 Recovering supplier sub-tier schedules
15 Adherence to standard reporting
10 Recovery reporting and communication
10 Acting with urgency/Resolving complex problems
YOU MUST HAVE
- Bachelor's Degree / Master’s Preferred
- Black belt certification and /or Lean Expert certification
- 10 years of previous experience in supply chain, manufacturing operations, materials management, sourcing, procurement, SIOP, change management
- The candidate must have applicable and detailed work experience in least 3 of the 5 following areas:oManufacturing/Assembly OperationsoQuality, Engineering (Design or Manufacturing)oPlanning (Forecasting, Demand Management, Capacity Management)oProgram / Change ManagementoMaterials / Procurement
- The candidate must have the ability to self-manage with a track record of coming through on commitments
- An MBA in a business discipline is preferred
- Experience with Honeywell Aerospace products or related products and customers preferred
- Professional Certification (i.e. ASQ-CQE/CQA, CPIM, CSCP, PMP) preferred
- APICS – CPIM / CSCP certifications are ideal
- ISM – CPSM certification is a plus
- A comprehensive knowledge of Quality Assurance Engineering and practices applicable to the manufacture of aerospace products including regulatory, military, commercial, and industry/customer standards (e.g., ISO9000, and AS9001) is preferred
- Program or project management experience preferred
- Good excellent Financial Acumen
- Excellent Team building skills
- Supplier development project management experience a plus
- Displays strong analytical skills including data query writing and development
- Demonstrated capacity to meet aggressive deadlines while achieving excellent business results
- Exhibits successful ability with indirect leadership of diverse teams deploying complex processes
- Established ability to manage multiple complex projects at once
- Experience working in multicultural environments and with others of diverse backgrounds preferredAs this is a growth position in the broader organization, only candidates who have the desire and potential to advance will be considered.
Must be a US Citizen due to contractual requirements.Exempt Honeywell Aerospace Overview
- Remote Access Required
- Extensive Travel Required
- 1st Shift
- Job ID: HRD32254
- Category: Procurement
- Location: 13350 US Hwy 19 N, Clearwater, FL 33764 USA
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, refer to the EEO is the Law poster .
Please refer to the EEO is the Law Supplement Poster & the Pay Transparency Policy .
If a disability prevents you from applying for a job through our website, request assistance here . No other requests will be acknowledged.
Terms & Conditions | Privacy Statement © 2017 Honeywell International Inc.