Connected Performance Services Technology Specialist - Oleflex
Innovate high-purity, high-performance chemicals and materials
Sr. Technology Specialist/Connected Performance Services Specialist – Oleflex, will be responsible for TS review of CPS deliverables in Oleflex technology, with additional TS accountabilities for process units in Oleflex technology.
- Assist with customer implementations and new development for CPS.Responsibilities include auditing current and future CPS applications, developing fault models, and identifying additional opportunities to add value to CPS installations.
- Participate in kickoff meetings to ensure the CPS offerings are implemented to satisfy specific customer needs.Responsibilities include operational review with the customer, guiding interface changes based on the customer design vs. the CPS template and assisting with baselining operations to determine the benefit basis.
- Participate in CPS solution rollouts with the customer. Responsibilities include reviewing the CPS application with the customer and ensuring that the application accurately reflects the customer design basis.
- Periodically review the CPS application results with the customer.Responsibilities include reviewing the CPS customer dashboard on a business day basis and advising the customer on actions suggested through the CPS solution.
- Assist the CPS data science team with new and existing applications.Responsibilities include identifying CPS data science opportunities and translating these opportunities to the data science team to build actionable pro-active models.
- Work with CPS engineering team to review the recommendations for the solution and suggest unit specific constraints to the team.
- Review customer DCS/PI alarm limits and provide UOP insight on improving/correcting the alarm limits considering the customer unit specific constraints.
- Adding value to CPS recommendations on a consistent basis and take accountability in reviewing/updating/approving the Fault Model/Action Panels/Dashboard.
- Work with engineering team (on need basis) during the simulation build phase for suggesting alternate sampling/measurement point to make the solution work effectively considering customer constraints
- Suggest improvement in customer instruments/sampling frequency if needed for an effective CPS solution.
- Understand customer existing KPI`s and add value to customer existing performance system through CPS dashboard for a PRA solution.
- Evaluate commercial operations of UOP’s Oleflex technology process units, and assist customers in achieving their goals.
- Participate in Research & Development (R&D) technology development and improvement projects, bringing commercial perspectives and key data to the team.
- Provide sales support: including technical and commercial perspective, recommendations on guarantees, unit start-up support and turn-around support and analysis of commercial operating experience.
- Participate in guarantee resolution projects by coordinating problem investigation efforts and developing solutions. Work with UOP departments and licensees to deliver corrective measures.
- Create operating procedures and process improvement techniques that maximize customer earnings while meeting the highest standards for safety.
- Champion change and improvement in technology supported via innovation.
- Participate in engineering review meetings for new units and revamps including Design Basis, Process Flow Diagrams (PFD), Process & Instrumentation Diagrams (P&ID), Hazard and Operability Study (HAZOP), Model Reviews, and others activities.
- Serve as focal point for office-based support, working with customers to rectify issues.
Keep current with customer needs through technology support, communication of changes, and incorporation of relevant changes into appropriate documents.
20 Customer Implementation
20 Solution Rollout
20 Attend Kick Off Meetings
20 Recommend Improvements
20 Participate in Research & Development
* YOU MUST HAVE *
- Bachelors Degree in Chemical Engineering
- Substantial experience within a technical service or process operations role within refining and petrochemical industry
- Experience in technical service or operation of UOP Oleflex technology process units
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to travel 25% annually to both domestic and international sites
- Some Travel Required
- Continued Professional Development
- Job ID: HRD29100
- Category: Engineering
- Location: Emaar Buss.Park; Bld.2, Sheikh Zayed Road, Dubai, DBA ARE
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, refer to the EEO is the Law poster .
Please refer to the EEO is the Law Supplement Poster & the Pay Transparency Policy .
If a disability prevents you from applying for a job through our website, request assistance here . No other requests will be acknowledged.
Terms & Conditions | Privacy Statement © 2017 Honeywell International Inc.