Join the industry leader to design the next generation of breakthroughs
Honeywell Building Solutions (HBS) is currently seeking an Automation Service Technician who can showcase their talents in a highly visible role! If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, Honeywell is the company that will further your experience and career growth.This position is based out of Dayton, OH, but also services account in Columbus and Cincinnati (the right candidate could live anywhere is this territory). This is an exciting time to join Honeywell Building Solutions. HBS is a strategic business unit in Honeywell Building Technologies (HBT). HBS installs and maintains the systems to help keep buildings and facilities safe, secure, comfortable and cost-efficient, and is a leading providing of energy efficiency solutions worldwide. HBS specializes in service of critical building systems, including heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC), building automation, fire, security and energy management.
Be the face of Honeywell to the customer and interact directly with end-users
Use knowledge of end-to-end delivery of Honeywell solutions to enhance efficiencies
Become a technical expert for complex Honeywell solutions/product offerings
Training:Once onboarded, our Service Technicians go through the Honeywell Training Program. This extensive training includes product specific training for servicing, installing, and programming Honeywell controls and software. Most of this training is done from your PC or in the field, but there may be some classes that are taught on-site at one of our classroom training facilities. Training ranges from basic hardware to advanced programming and networking.
Responsibilities: This is a field position that reports to our Field Service Supervisor. This territory includes Columbus, Dayton, and Cincinnati. Although you are in the field your will maintain constant contact with your Supervisor, other Technicians, Admin, Sales Team, and the District Manager. We work mostly at customer sites, but always work together as a team. 95% of the travel is within 2 hours of your home office and does not require an overnight stay, but from time to time you may be asked to assist somewhere else in the district and may need to stay overnight (you are provided with a company vehicle to drive from home to work). Once fully trained, you will be assigned monthly work orders from our automated work order management system. In addition, you are responsible for managing small projects, and responding to service calls at your assigned accounts. As the main point of contact for the customer, you must develop relationships and identify ways that Honeywell can help the customer solve issues in operating their business. Below are some of the other responsibilities:
· Test, calibrate and verify system and peripheral devices (testing to be performed per all applicable standards and codes, (e.g. ULC536)
· Assist Sales Team to review cost estimates and participate in the risk review process of projects
· Verify system functional performance to ensure proper operations according to contract requirements and shop drawings/sequence of operations, etc.
· Perform system backups, install appropriate updates and patches.
· Complete documentation of all work done, including all readings, etc.
· Update customer drawings/documentation with any configuration or model changes
· Ensure all assigned preventive maintenance tasks are completed in the time allotted and the month scheduled
· Respond to and resolve Emergency Service Calls as required, in accordance with customer contract deliverables
· Diagnose and perform repairs in a time effective manner
· Participation in delivery of small service or install jobs, including but limited to, engineering, drawings, programming, documentation, installation, management of sub-contractors, start-up, testing and customer acceptance
· Keep abreast of changes and new developments in product and preventive maintenance techniques
· Act as a mentor to junior technicians
· Keep supervisor informed of customer requirements, systems status, and actual,
potential or perceived customer problems
· Supply information on adds or extras to appropriate Honeywell resource e.g. Site Primary tech, Service Sales Rep, Field Service Supervisor, etc.
· Demonstrate system and provide training to customers as required
· Participate in the preparation of job plans that cover job costs
· Supply quotes to customers on adds and extras identified or as requested
· Carry out hazard and risk assessments for all tasks according to Honeywell policy and regulatory requirements
· Report near misses, incidents and other opportunities for improvement
· Be responsible for Honeywell assets such as tools, proprietary software and site
· Accurate and timely submission of all required paperwork, meet all reporting
30 Preform scheduled system maintenance at customer site
15 Discuss customer needs and upcoming projects
10 Work with team members to create value added solutions
15 Write proposals and present to the end user
30 Oversee and perform small projects
* YOU MUST HAVE: *
Due to US export control laws, must be a US citizen, permanent resident or have protected status.Nonexempt How Honeywell is Connecting the World
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, refer to the EEO is the Law poster .
Please refer to the EEO is the Law Supplement Poster & the Pay Transparency Policy .
If a disability prevents you from applying for a job through our website, request assistance here . No other requests will be acknowledged.
Terms & Conditions | Privacy Statement © 2017 Honeywell International Inc.