Innovate to solve the world's most important challenges
The Software Engineer II creates enterprise software solutions in the warehouse execution space by analyzing, designing, developing, implementing and maintaining Java-based components in a timely manner. The Software Engineer will perform base-line testing of all components, analyze results, document and track issues in our toolkit and work to deliver quality products to our customers. The software engineer will interact with management to understand and clarify requirements.
· Builds highly-performant, high-quality software that meets design specifications
· Participates in the development and preparation of design specifications and code reviews
· Demonstrable abilities as a team player with good communication skills
· Maintains and improves quality results by following architectural, coding, and process standards
· Follows a scrum agile development process, including analyzing and testing software to ensure solutions meet standards and end user requirements
· Understands the functions/operational concepts of the software product being developed, and the concepts of warehouse execution and warehouse control systems in general.
· Works with the R&D team leadership and implementation team leadership to meet delivery deadlines as well as maintain/support of existing applications
· Provides implementation support as needed
· Documents modifications and changes to the system
· Recommends improved policies and procedures
· Proposes software configuration/modification to adapt to business change requirements
· Recognizes and proposes core software improvements
· May be required to perform other duties as requested, directed or assigned
70 Software Development
YOU MUST HAVE :
· Bachelor Degree in Computer Science, or related field, or equivalent experience
· A minimum of 3 years of Java work experience building enterprise software systems is required; experience with Spring and Hibernate frameworks preferred
· Minimum of 1 year in building REST interfaces
· Experience in Windows Server or Linux operating systems required
· Experience in Oracle or SQL Server database systems is required
· Experience in an agile development process, preferably scrum, is required
· Demonstrated experience using problem solving, investigative and troubleshooting skills
Exempt How Honeywell is Connecting the World
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, refer to the EEO is the Law poster .
Please refer to the EEO is the Law Supplement Poster & the Pay Transparency Policy .
If a disability prevents you from applying for a job through our website, request assistance here . No other requests will be acknowledged.
Terms & Conditions | Privacy Statement © 2017 Honeywell International Inc.