Innovate to solve the world's most important challenges
Honeywell International is a $37 billion diversified technology and manufacturing global leader. Honeywell has more than 120,000 employees in 100 countries around the world and has a demonstrated heritage of both innovation and achievement.
UOP, a Honeywell Performance and Material and Technologies Company, is a global leader of process technology, products, engineered systems and technical services to the chemical, petroleum refining, petrochemical, gas processing and energy industries, and is a leader in the R&D of petroleum and petrochemical processing.
Honeywell’s UOP Ltd business is seeking an experienced Commodity Buyer to be located in Guildford, UK.
Responsibilities of Position:
• Competing and placing contracts for materials and/or services for the UOP Ltd. sold Equipment Projects.
• Performs in the administration, implementation, compliance, and enforcement of global commodity and contracting strategies.
• Must have fundamental knowledge of SAP MM Modules for Purchasing.
• Assist in sourcing new when appropriate to support business requirements for the region.
• Supports performance metrics established by the UOP Projects Procurement Director.
• Learn (and become proficient in) procurement policies, processes, systems, methodologies.
• Negotiates pay terms, cost and delivery schedules with suppliers and insures compliance with Honeywell's terms and conditions.
• Provides feedback to the commodity leaders, on the experiences, performance and issues with suppliers.
• Advises equipment Projects leaders of recurring requirements for them to consider longer term agreements.
• Assist commodity leaders in supplier performance reviews.
• Supports the e-Commerce strategy for the commodity.
Key Success Factors
• Minimize the total costs of purchased goods and services by selecting the proper contracting strategies, contractually protecting Honeywell's intellectual and indemnity interest, enforcing contract compliance and using competitive practices.
• Assists site and functional customers in compliance with sourcing strategy and procedures
• Helps implement strategies for productivity and cost reduction.
• Establishes win-win Honeywell/Supplier relationships.
• Achieves savings, as outlined by Supply Chain SBU Goals.
• Incorporates E-procurement best practices.
· A Bachelor's Degree or 3-5 years procurement experience.
· Ability to travel locally, less than 10%.
· Technical or business degree.
· Previous purchasing experience.
· Strong communication skills.
· Knowledgeable of basic legal and commercial concepts.
· Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; establishes and maintains effective relationships with internal customers and suppliers to gain their trust and respect.
· Good decision-maker uses analysis, wisdom, experience, and judgment in making sound decisions.
· Motivates team members to achieve results.
· Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully; is constantly and consistently one of the top performers; bottom-line oriented; steadfastly pushes self and others for results.
· Strong comprehensive technical knowledge of our supply base, knowledge of acquisition planning, negotiations and agreement/contract administration.
· Ability to drive projects to completion.
· If not already, complete Greenbelt Training and achieve Greenbelt Certification within 10 months of hire date.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Honeywell is committed to a diverse workforce.
25 Oversees and coordinates the operational and strategy creation aspects of sourcing projects
25 Partners with Category and Commodity leaders to create strategy and drive projects to completion
25 Assesses project issues
25 Develops mechanisms for monitoring project progress
Exempt Careers at Honeywell - Engineering
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, refer to the EEO is the Law poster .
Please refer to the EEO is the Law Supplement Poster & the Pay Transparency Policy .
For more information on how we process your information in the job application process, please refer to Recruitment Privacy Notice .
If a disability prevents you from applying for a job through our website, request assistance here . No other requests will be acknowledged.
Terms & Conditions | Privacy Statement © 2017 Honeywell International Inc.