Join a team recognized for leadership, innovation and diversity
Honeywell is seeking a Cyber Security Engineer- Systems Administratio nfor our team within our Houston, TX 77042 location.
Honeywell is a Fortune 100 company that invents and manufactures technologies to address tough challenges linked to global macrotrends such as safety, security, and energy. With approximately 132,000 employees worldwide, including more than 19,000 engineers and scientists, we have an unrelenting focus on quality, delivery, value, and technology in everything we make and do.
Manage the global processes associated with performance and cyber security monitoring of industrial Process Control Networks for Honeywell customers in the Oil and Gas industry; Hydrocarbon Processing; Power Generation; Pulp, Paper & Printing; Continuous Web Solutions; Petrochemicals; Life Sciences; and Metals, Minerals and Mining markets. Processes include interfacing with the customer and teammates to configure and maintain the components necessary to provide a robust portfolio of services.
Perform Application and System administration tasks required to keep the Remote Service Center operational at industry standard level
Assume lead and/or support role in assigned projects insuring they are delivered on time and within budget and to the satisfaction of the customer
Contribute to the development of the remote services portfolio
Keep technically current with the HPS/ Industry Standard networking, cyber security, and wireless product/systems portfolio, while maintaining expert knowledge on specific designated network disciplines
Develop sound and trusted relationships with internal and external customers by providing accurate and efficient technical/engineering support
Respond to monitoring alerts by interfacing with customer to advise of alarm situation, investigate problem and determine the optimal solution
Maintain industrial safety awareness through the completion of pertinent safety certifications
50 Systems Administration
30 Cyber Audit Compliance
20 Network Administration
YOU MUST HAVE:
• Bachelor’s degree in a computer related field such as Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Electronics or in lieu of degree, directly related experience
• Virtualization (VMWare) planning, installation/configuration, optimization and troubleshooting experience
• Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate or direct experience configuring and maintaining Microsoft Windows Servers
• CISCO Certified Network Associate or direct experience configuring and maintaining managed networking equipment
• Availability and Performance monitoring (WMI, SNMP, Syslog) experience
• Task automation and or scripting (Batch, PowerShell, VBScript, Perl) experience
• Basic administration of databases (MS-SQL, Oracle, MySQL, SQL Queries) experience
• Storage Area Network configuration, operation, and troubleshooting experience
• Systems and network hardening and audit compliance experience
• SIEM (Splunk, McAfee, etc.) experience
• Microsoft Patch management solutions (WSUS, MSSC) experience
• Antivirus solutions experience with centralized management (McAfee ePO, Symantec EPM)
• Working experience with TCP/IP networks (network/device configuration, firewall administration, VPN, IPSEC, PBR, routing, ARP, VLAN)
• Troubleshooting skills to resolve network and application or system integration issues
• Installation and maintenance of Operating systems experience
• Ability to write documentation and summaries
• Security configuration and best practices experience
• Good communication skills with internal external parties
• Experience working in industrial industry (Oil and Gas, Chemical industry)
• Experience securing industrial or corporate networks and assets against cyber threats
Exempt How Honeywell is Connecting the World
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, refer to the EEO is the Law poster .
Please refer to the EEO is the Law Supplement Poster & the Pay Transparency Policy .
If a disability prevents you from applying for a job through our website, request assistance here . No other requests will be acknowledged.
Terms & Conditions | Privacy Statement © 2017 Honeywell International Inc.