ISC Supervisor 3rd Shift
Join a team recognized for leadership, innovation and diversity
The Production Supervisor provides team leadership, guidance, and support in the performance of manufacturing, quality and production control in areas of small scope and complexity, which have a link to primary production.
Summary of Duties:
- Assures associates are trained and assigned to perform necessary operations including conformance to specifications.
- Coordinates production and inspection schedules and documenting changes to meet priorities; arranging disposition of material.
- Assures compliance to and encourages associate involvement in ES&H activities, security policies, good housekeeping, cost effectiveness, company policies, and the collective bargaining agreement.
- Assures individual and/or team performance is evaluated in support of team and plant goals.
- Evaluates requirements for staffing, equipment, and facilities within the areas of responsibility; implements Quality Policies.
- Promotes and supports continuous improvement in the areas of manufacturing and inspection process methods and recommends improvements.
- Interfaces effectively with NNSA, Quality Assurance, Manufacturing, Engineering and other support organizations.
- Performs other responsibilities as needed.
- Follows Honeywell policies, upholds professional standards, and performs all work in a manner respectful of others.
- Directly supervises associates and performs other managerial responsibilities including interviewing, hiring, and training associates; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining associates; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Conducts activities in a safe and healthy manner and works in accordance with established ES&H requirements to ensure the protection of associates, the public, and the environment.
Takes actions necessary to "stop" work when an unsafe condition or action is identified. Every associate has the right and responsibility to stop work when unsafe conditions or actions are identified.
25 Team Leadership
25 Production Scheduling
25 Continuous Improvement
25 Client facing
You Must Have:
- US citizenship required to obtain US Dept of Energy "Q" level security clearance
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Engineering, or a related discipline.
- Minimum of two (2) years of manufacturing, operations, or material distribution experience.
- Working knowledge of production planning methods, manufacturing, material distribution and quality operations.
- Knowledge of production management, manufacturing operations, and/or quality inspection or test fields or related activities.
- Previous supervisor experience desired.
- Experience working in a union environment
- Understanding of team building and group dynamics including conflict resolution and problem solving skills.
- Ability to lead and motivate in a diverse work environment.
- Demonstrated reading, writing, presentation and interpersonal skills necessary to train, organize, and facilitate teams.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft office applications, including: MS Excel, Outlook, Word, and Power-Point.
Note: Candidates with greater experience are encouraged to apply and may be considered for a higher level job classification (Senior) commensurate with candidate credentials and as warranted by the scope of work and current business requirements.
Must be a US Citizen due to contractual requirements.Exempt Honeywell Aerospace Overview
- Job ID: req146137
- Category: Integrated Supply Chain
- Location: 14520 Botts Road, Kansas City, MO 64147 USA
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, refer to the EEO is the Law poster .
Please refer to the EEO is the Law Supplement Poster & the Pay Transparency Policy .
If a disability prevents you from applying for a job through our website, request assistance here . No other requests will be acknowledged.
Terms & Conditions | Privacy Statement © 2017 Honeywell International Inc.