Innovate to solve the world's most important challenges
The Kansas City National Security Campus (KCNSC) is a U.S. Department of Energy (DOE), National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) facility managed and operated by Honeywell Federal Manufacturing & Technology (FM&T).Honeywell manufactures sophisticated mechanical, electronic, and engineered material components for our nation’s defense.We research, develop, and deploy some of the most advanced design and manufacturing technologies in use in the United States today.Honeywell is on the leading edge of supplying engineering and manufacturing expertise for our nation's defense and national security.
Test Engineering is looking for an experienced test designer to support our mission at the Kansas City National Security Campus.The engineer in this role will support tester design projects implementing automated test solutions for production and product development activities.The candidate will have responsibilities in support of design, manufacturing, validation and maintenance of automated test systems.
Summary of Duties:
· Assists in the development of test fixturing and material testing.Will work under the guidance of experienced ME within Test Engineering.
· Evaluates and implements innovations and technological advances that improve quality, reduce flowtime, improve productivity, and enhance operational surety.
· Assists in generation of test documentation and perform verification and validation testing of automated testers to assure all requirement are being supported.
· Conducts research and development experiments to resolve complex engineering and quality problems involving highly technical and scientific methods.
· May perform other duties as required.
25 Technical documentation
25 Cost estimation
25 3D Modeling
25 Write specifications
You Must Have:
· U.S. Citizenship to obtain and maintain a Department of Energy Q-Level Security Clearance
· Bachelor’s degree from an ABET accredited program in Mechanical Engineering
· At least two years mechanical engineering in a manufacturing environment, with design or test engineering.
· Experience with SolidWorks, Pro-E, or similar software preferred
· Advanced degree in Mechanical Engineering from an ABET accredited program
· Self-motivated, pro-active, and the ability to handle multiple tasks and changing priorities
· Ability to interface effectively with support organizations, internal customers, and external customers through oral or written communication
Exempt Honeywell FM&T Overview
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, refer to the EEO is the Law poster .
Please refer to the EEO is the Law Supplement Poster & the Pay Transparency Policy .
If a disability prevents you from applying for a job through our website, request assistance here . No other requests will be acknowledged.
Terms & Conditions | Privacy Statement © 2017 Honeywell International Inc.