Innovate to solve the world's most important challenges
In this role the individual will provide support for the FM&T Law, Contracts and Export team.
Summary of Duties:
Provide general, day-to-day support for the legal team across all LC&E legal focus area matters including: litigation management, policy updates, updates and version control of various form agreements and processes, assist with employee relations documentation, letter drafting, and creating/updating employee/HR training materials
- Serve as first point of contact for government agencies on charges and complaints, issue and manage preservation notices, work with HR to develop draft responses to agency charges; request settlement checks as needed; track status of various matters
- Provide general support to the legal team working on cross-jurisdictional and cross-border employment law initiatives including drafting and updating key documents
- Respond to information and task requests from other functional departments (HR, etc.)
- Maintain up-to-date litigation dockets and quarterly litigation tracking reports
- Overall process management of billing, tracking and reporting of outside counsel expenses
- As required and/or directed, coordinate with outside counsel, internal lawyers, other FM&T functions and counterparts in other departments, divisions, regions and business groups
- Coordinate receipt of information, reports, updates and feedback related to legal functions across jurisdictions and businesses
- Support document collection and production, litigation discovery requests and subpoena responses
- Minimal administrative support primarily on travel and expense reporting;
Perform other related duties and special projects as assigned
30 Legal research
15 Preparing legal documents and reporting
25 Customer support
15 Supporting due diligence
You Must Have:
- Must be an U.S. Citizen in order to obtain a DOE "Q" Level security clearance
- Minimum three years paralegal experience
We Value :
- Paralegal certification preferred
- Experience with Human Resources and Labor Law preferred
- Superior verbal, written and communication skills
- Self-starter with ability to work with minimal supervision and drive projects/ tasks to completion
- Superior organizational and time management skills with ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects
- Acute attention to detail, Results -driven, Problem -solver
- Project Management skills and experience preferred
- Strong leadership and professional communication skills
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively as a proactive team player
- Strong Microsoft Office Suite skills, primarily Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Litigation support experience preferred
- Cross-jurisdictional experience preferred
- Functions with high degree of intrinsic confidentiality, tact and diplomacy and can be trusted with highly confidential materials and sensitive information
- Able to accept new challenges and responsibilities and interested in broadening spectrum of technical and substantive knowledge
Must be a US Citizen due to contractual requirements.Nonexempt Honeywell FM&T Overview
- Continued Professional Development
- Job ID: req146646
- Category: Legal
- Location: 14520 Botts Road, Kansas City, MO 64147 USA
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, refer to the EEO is the Law poster .
Please refer to the EEO is the Law Supplement Poster & the Pay Transparency Policy .
If a disability prevents you from applying for a job through our website, request assistance here . No other requests will be acknowledged.
Terms & Conditions | Privacy Statement © 2017 Honeywell International Inc.