Innovate to solve the world's most important challenges
This highly visible role of Technical Manager will provide you with an opportunity to showcase your technical leadership and experience by leading one of our Purchased Product Engineering groups.
Summary of Duties:
· Plan, organize, coordinate, and manage the overall activities of a technical work unit or team consisting of engineers, scientists and/or other qualified individuals.
· Champion initiatives to resolve critical processes and technological-related issues.
· Cultivate career development of staff members through coaching, training, performance evaluations and challenging job assignments; maintain technical competence and leadership, and establish management succession.
· Exhibit strong customer interface skills and responsiveness to meet customer needs.
· Team and negotiate with multiple functional disciplines to achieve performance goals and business improvements.
· Effectively communicate with all levels of FM&T management and staff, design partners, and customers.
· Provide oversight to ensure individual project accomplishments and overall work unit effectiveness is achieved relative to committed objectives. Provide leadership for staff development, and hold staff accountable to meet personal and business objectives.
· Develop and implement staffing plans, budget proposals, and equipment requirements consistent with anticipated workloads.
· Work with peers on technology development, manufacturing improvements and resource sharing for the overall benefits of FM&T.
· Participate in activities to develop technical or administrative solutions to customer expectations.
· Partner with Supply Base Management team members to develop and implement plans for robust procured product value streams to facilitate internal assembly operations.
· Interface with design agency counterparts to deploy producible procured product definition to our vendor base through formal product realization processes.
20 Employee development
20 Implement standards, processes and tools
20 Design workload planning & execution oversight
20 Strategy development
20 Ensure robust processes
You Must Have:
· US citizenship in order to obtain and maintain US Dept of Energy "Q" level security clearance
· Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Physics from an ABET accredited institution
· 7+ years of experience in engineering or science based field of study
· Advanced degree in Engineering, Engineering Management or Business preferred
· 10+ years of experience in engineering with a minimum of 2 years of managing technical staff
· Experience in sourcing products/services through DOD/DOE manufacturing firms through formal quality requirements/qualification
· Demonstrated proven leadership and teaming skills
· Six Sigma Black Belt or Lean Expert certification a plus
· Experience in supporting customers that demand high levels of quality and ability to partner with customers for mutual benefit
· Ability to positively influence others, create a passion for excellence, and execute multiple projects while meeting customer expectations
· History of developing technical talent to handle diverse assignments with a bias for action
Exempt Honeywell FM&T Overview
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, refer to the EEO is the Law poster .
Please refer to the EEO is the Law Supplement Poster & the Pay Transparency Policy .
If a disability prevents you from applying for a job through our website, request assistance here . No other requests will be acknowledged.
Terms & Conditions | Privacy Statement © 2017 Honeywell International Inc.