Join a team recognized for leadership, innovation and diversity
Quality Engineers perform routine to moderately complex engineering and quality control functions. They analyze designs and specifications to achieve efficient, cost effective and reliable quality processes, applying mathematical, physical science, engineering, and statistical technologies. They lead teams to provide quality input for the development, manufacture, and acceptance of products.
Summary of Key Duties:
• Participates or leads teams to provide quality input for the development, manufacture, procurement, and acceptance of a variety of products and assemblies including formed and machined metal products
• Develops methods and writes detailed instructions for inspection processes.
• Coordinates the design of product acceptance equipment and the ordering of testers, gages, and equipment to support product acceptance.
• Provides technical assistance to inspection areas and advanced manufacturing teams.
• Develops and monitors quality metrics, levels, and trends.
• Analyzes and makes recommendations regarding product discrepancies.
• Evaluates opportunities for defect prevention and implements specific and preventative corrective actions.
• Develops test procedures and performs evaluation tests, capability studies, quality audits, data reviews, and other engineering evaluations utilizing Six Sigma methodology.
• Interacts with customers, suppliers, designers, and others to assist in resolving design, development, production, and acceptance issues primarily in the Special Application Machining (SAM) area.
• Provides technical consultation to management and others, and leads technical project teams.
• Conducts activities in a safe and healthy manner and works in accordance with established ES&H requirements to ensure the protection of associates, the public, and the environment. Takes actions necessary to stop work when an unsafe condition or action is identified. Every associate has the right and responsibility to stop work when unsafe conditions or actions are identified.
• Some travel (10-25%) is required.
20 Technical documentation
20 Engineering assistance
20 Write specifications
20 Cost estimation
20 Component and system analysis
YOU MUST HAVE:
• U.S. citizenship in order to obtain and maintain US Dept of Energy Q-level security clearance.
• Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Manufacturing Engineer or related engineering discipline from an ABET accredited institution/program is required.
• At least three years experience in a manufacturing, production or quality engineering role
• Existing DOE Q-Clearance desirable
• Ability to analyze engineering drawings and specifications to develop effective acceptance processes and improve existing processes.
• Demonstrated ability to lead quality improvement projects.
• Familiarity with Six Sigma tools and methodology; Six Sigma certification preferred.
• Effective verbal, written, and presentation skills.
• Ability to work effectively in a team environment and to influence others to accomplish complex tasks and solve complex technical problems.
• Ability and willingness to drive change and challenge / improve existing processes.
• Demonstrated project management/leadership skills; ability to evaluate situations, determine corrective measures, plan and lead other employees and suppliers to execute plans to meet customer deliverables.
Must be a US Citizen due to contractual requirements.Exempt Honeywell FM&T Overview
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, refer to the EEO is the Law poster .
Please refer to the EEO is the Law Supplement Poster & the Pay Transparency Policy .
For more information on how we process your information in the job application process, please refer to Recruitment Privacy Notice .
If a disability prevents you from applying for a job through our website, request assistance here . No other requests will be acknowledged.
Terms & Conditions | Privacy Statement © 2017 Honeywell International Inc.