Join a team recognized for leadership, innovation and diversity
Will manage Quality Supervisors and manage Quality Assurance operations in the factory and other areas as assigned. May manage calibration supervision and overall calibration operations in the factory. Responsible for execution of Quality Operations processes, and ownership of its business units; acting as an authority in overall Product Acceptance activities.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensures training and qualification of employees performing internal and/or supplier quality audits, and /or product acceptance at vendor locations. Provides technical and administrative evaluation of the adequacy of audit practices and modifies as required to improve performance of department personnel.
- Develops and implements staffing plans, budget proposals, and travel requirements consistent with anticipated workloads.
- May estimate manpower requirements and schedules work to meet completion dates and technical requirements. Works with Quality leaders to develop productivity improvement strategies and workforce planning required to meet future workload demands.
- May facilitate effective cross business supply chain communications and/or project teams (Defense programs, Global Security, reimbursable). Will act as a direct customer interface on assigned projects and product/process Quality issues.
- Assures personnel are aware of and perform tasks in conformance to management policies and procedures. May be required to maintain quality records of survey and audit files and related supporting information.
- Establishes and maintains effective communications with NNSA, Quality and other FM&T organizations involved with survey performance, including corrective action assignments and verification of effectiveness.
- May conduct and coordinate a broad range of Quality Operations ownership assignments requiring extensive knowledge of Product Acceptance processes, equipment, drawing systems, HSE, program management, MES, MRP planning systems, facilities and lean principles and their application across Quality Operations that support manufacturing areas.
Directly supervises employees and performs other managerial responsibilities including interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
20 Create and Revise processes/procedures
20 Lead improvement initiatives
40 Coach and develop team
20 Issue corrective actions
YOU MUST HAVE
- US Citizenship required in order to obtain and maintain DOE-Q level security clearance
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, business, supply chain management
- 7+ years experience in multiple areas of Supply Chain organization (to include program management, materials management, quality, or engineering)
- Experience working in a factory or manufacturing systems environment
- Prior experience in a Quality related role
- Understanding of team building and group dynamics including conflict resolution and problem solving skills.
- Ability to lead and motivate in a diverse work environment.
- Demonstrated reading, writing, presentation and interpersonal skills necessary to train, organize, and facilitate teams.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills. Proficiency in Microsoft office applications, including: MS Excel, Outlook, Word, and PowerPoint.
Must have or be eligible for a security clearance due to contractual requirements.Exempt Honeywell FM&T Overview
- Continued Professional Development
- 1st Shift
- Relocation Provided
- Job ID: req144849
- Category: Integrated Supply Chain
- Location: 14520 Botts Road, Kansas City, MO 64147 USA
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, refer to the EEO is the Law poster .
Please refer to the EEO is the Law Supplement Poster & the Pay Transparency Policy .
If a disability prevents you from applying for a job through our website, request assistance here . No other requests will be acknowledged.
Terms & Conditions | Privacy Statement © 2017 Honeywell International Inc.