Join the industry leader to design the next generation of breakthroughs
Develops and conducts activities and programs directed toward preventing accidents, eliminating health and safety hazards and achieving compliance with health, safety, and environment (HS&E) regulations and Department of Energy (DOE) directives.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Reviews plant facilities, equipment, materials, and work practices and processes to identify unsafe conditions and assure implementation of appropriate hazard controls and protection
- Reviews proposed layouts, facility design drawings and equipment specifications for safety hazards and documents findings for corrective action
- Develops safety and health orientations and training programs for employees
- Prepares applicable reports required by DOE or regulatory agencies
- Investigates accidents to determine causes and recommends action to prevent recurrence
- Works with plant supervision, union representation and employees to resolve safety and health concerns
- Advises and supports plant supervision in the effective implementation of safety and health requirements
- Based upon knowledge of regulations, recommends new or revised program activities to assure full compliance by Honeywell FM&T with current requirements of laws and regulations
- Participates in development and implementation of emergency preparedness, safety, industrial hygiene, risk assessment and related programs
- Helps develop, review, and revise HSE Program Documents, Factory Work Instructions, and Training Programs
- Participates in HS&E audits and assessments
- Supports Beneficial Occupancy Inspections, Hazard Assessments, Risk Assessment, and other investigations
- Works independently to develop safety programs affecting the NSC
Conducts activities in a safe and healthy manner and works in accordance with established HS&E requirements to ensure the protection of employees, the public, and the environment. Takes actions necessary to stop work when an unsafe condition or action is identified. Every employee has the right and responsibility to stop work when unsafe conditions or actions are identified.
20 Develop and sustain operating standards
10 Liaison with regulatory agencies and external stakeholders
20 Incident Investigations
20 Program and Training Development
30 Employee Engagement
YOU MUST HAVE
- US Citizenship to obtain and maintain DOE-Q level clearance
- Bachelor's degree in Industrial Safety, Industrial Hygiene or related technical field
- Experience in safety engineering work or professional level experience in environment, safety or health activities
- Ability to work independently, guide the work of others and understand, interpret and implement safety & health standards and procedures
- Excellent communication skills in one-on-one situations and group settings
- Good writing skills and ability to document information and data clearly and concisely
Must have or be eligible for a security clearance due to contractual requirements.Exempt Honeywell FM&T Overview
- Continued Professional Development
- 1st Shift
- Job ID: req140707
- Category: Health, Safety & Environment
- Location: 14520 Botts Road, Kansas City, MO 64147 USA
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, refer to the EEO is the Law poster .
Please refer to the EEO is the Law Supplement Poster & the Pay Transparency Policy .
If a disability prevents you from applying for a job through our website, request assistance here . No other requests will be acknowledged.
Terms & Conditions | Privacy Statement © 2017 Honeywell International Inc.