Join the industry leader to design the next generation of breakthroughs
* Summary of Duties: *
- Provides work assignments that are supportive of mission and objectives.
- Assures individual project accomplishments and overall work unit effectiveness are achieved relative to committed objectives.Provides leadership for staff development and holds them accountable to meet personal and business objectives.
- Provides technical and administrative evaluation of work unit's goals, development, and performance.
- Develops and implements staffing plans, budget proposals, and equipment requirements consistent with anticipated workloads.
- Participates in activities, other government agencies and private sector to develop technical or administrative solutions to customer expectations.
- Assures adequate support services are provided by other organizations as required.
- Encourages and facilitates internal and external teamwork and promotes customer service.
- Implements business practices, metrics, and procedures to assure total quality of the products and services provided by the work unit.
- Provides project management oversight to achieve quality, delivery, and cost objectives.
- Creates vision and strategy to achieve innovations and technological advances that improve quality, reduce flow-time, improve productivity, and enhance operational surety.
- Directly supervises employees and performs other managerial responsibilities including interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- May perform other duties as required.
Conducts activities in a safe and healthy manner and works in accordance with established HS&E requirements to ensure the protection of employees, the public, and the environment.Takes actions necessary to "stop" work when an unsafe condition or action is identified.Every employee has the right and responsibility to stop work when unsafe conditions or actions are identified.
20 Employee Development
20 Implement standards, processes and tools
20 Design workload planning & execution oversight
20 Strategy development
20 Ensure robust processes
* You Must Have: *
- US citizenship in order to obtain and maintain the US Dept of Energy "Q" level security clearance
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Physics from an ABET accredited institution
- 7+ years of experience in engineering or science-based field of study
* We Value: *
- Advanced degree in Engineering, Engineering Management or Business preferred
- 10+ years of experience in engineering with a minimum of 2 years of managing technical staff
- Demonstrated proven leadership and teaming skills
- Six Sigma Black Belt or Lean Expert certification a plus
- Experience in supporting customers that demand high levels of quality and ability to partner with customers for mutual benefit
- Ability to positively influence others, create a passion for excellence and execute multiple projects while meeting customer expectations
- History of developing technical talent to handle diverse assignments with a bias for action
- Interest in and willingness to relocate to advance career with a related Honeywell business
Must have or be eligible for a security clearance due to contractual requirements.Exempt Honeywell FM&T Overview
- Continued Professional Development
- 1st Shift
- Job ID: req170193
- Category: Engineering
- Location: 14520 Botts Road, Kansas City, MO 64147 USA
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, refer to the EEO is the Law poster .
Please refer to the EEO is the Law Supplement Poster & the Pay Transparency Policy .
For more information on how we process your information in the job application process, please refer to Recruitment Privacy Notice .
If a disability prevents you from applying for a job through our website, request assistance here . No other requests will be acknowledged.
Terms & Conditions | Privacy Statement © 2017 Honeywell International Inc.