Join a team recognized for leadership, innovation and diversity
An excellent career opportunity is currently available for a FOS/Service Manager within the Technical services – Asia Pacific (APAC) group. The Position will report to the Regional Technical Services Leader and will maintain close communication and interaction with Des Plaines Field Operating Services and Technology Services groups. The position will be based in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
This position has accountability for managing the performance of a group of approximately 8 specialists (mixture of field and office based specialists) by providing guidance and approving goals, differentiating levels of performance based on results and behaviors, defining development opportunities, and aligning performance assessments with compensation.
The FOS/Service manager is also expected to provide some direct technology service support to key customers in the APAC region in their area of technical specialty and act as a technical mentor/SME for the APAC group.
Specialists in the APAC Field Service and Technology Services Groups provide technology-specific and in-depth technical service support for customers using UOP's processes and/or catalysts/products. The specialist’s customers are both external (licensee/operating companies, Engineering Procurement &
Construction ("EPC") contractors, vendors and consultants) and internal (Regional Services, Engineering, R&D, PTE and CAS Sales, Sales Support and others). The primary accountability of the position is to complete the transfer of our technology and to ensure that our customers' UOP-licensed units and products are performing as represented and to the customer’s satisfaction. The specialists also support UOP’s Service Agreement customers through proactive engagement to optimize existing assets and identify/evaluate customer opportunities.
As a Manager:
- Regional leader of technology and field service specialists who provide support for operating units,start-ups, and revamps
- Build expertise and maintain close communication and interaction with Des Plaines Technology Services/FOS Directors and Sr. Manager’s of Technology Services groups.
- Update of databases on a monthly basis to accurately reflect field projects and start-up related licensing milestones and estimate the level and capability of work force required for staffing offield assignments within the APAC region
- Identify areas of improvement that will increase efficiency and technical delivery
- Develop and execute a service delivery model that meets the tailored needs of customers in the APAC region and utilizes the strengths of the team
- Enforce work processes and achieve metrics as defined, interfacing with other service groups, engineering, R&D, Sales and other counterparts to assure efficient and sustained technology delivery and operations.
- Assist in rectifying guarantee resolution problems by participating in problem investigation anddevelopment of solutions.
- Work with supervisor to develop and implement strategies that ensure appropriate resources to meet STRAP requirements, financial responsibility, and employee satisfaction & achieve the goal of service second to none
- Assist with the development of staffing requirements for the APAC region. Develop Key talents and career objectives for the team.
As a Technology Service
- Specialist: Evaluating commercial operations,through remote monitoring or on-site troubleshooting, of UOP technology to assist customers in achieving their goals.
- Serve as the focal point for office-based support of new unit and revamped unit startups frompre-commissioning through guarantee acceptance.
- Participate in customer meetings Review, analyze and provide feedback on commercial unit operating data.
- Provide both office-based and on-site troubleshooting assistance to commercial units.
- Keep current with customer needs for the technologies supported
- Communicate changes and provide timely and relevant feedback to the client.
- Raise the awareness of individuals in group by means required to reach a Vision of Zero
- Work with group & appropriate counterparts in R&D and engineering to assure that design and operations of units mitigate HS&E risks as identified
- Coordinate efforts of group to work towards technology problem prevention
- Utilize consistent & effective systems to meet timelines, gather relevant information required to understand cause, suggest commercial & technical mitigation for all major technical issues
- Ensure implementation of work processes (e.g., problem resolution, utilizing operating data for future design, integrated feedback loop, support of new unit design, Community of Practice (CoP)management and participation) and metrics within technology area to increase productivity & enhance service delivery.
- Prepare materials for and participate in sales meetings and technical symposia.
- Adhere to Corporate, SBU and Departmental HS&E standards, policies and training requirements.
- Complying with the Honeywell/UOP Code of Business Conduct.
20 Prepare and complete action plans
20 Customer-service standards completing audits
20 Determine system improvement
20 identifying trends
20 Addresses barriers
YOU MUST HAVE
- Bachelors of Science in Chemical Engineering
- Minimum of 10 years' experience – ideally in refining or petrochemical service
- Excellent leadership & project execution skills ability to create high performing groups that formopinions and conclusions that are technically sound
- Field service experience in refining & petrochemical industries
- Knowledge of 2 or more UOP-licensed process technologies.
- Six Sigma Green Belt certification.
- Ability to travel up to 25% annually.
- Open to & supports continuous improvement
Ability to make informed decisions that are in the best interests of our internal & external customers; taking & supporting calculated risks when they generatea significant improvement to the organization WE VALUE
Strong management operating system that facilitates communication
- Understand of business objectives and more importantly the ability to interact with our customers
- Work with functional leaders to prioritize resources and implement project objectives.
- Persuade to influence other to accept new concepts, practices, and approaches
- Business acumen – knowledge of current and emerging practices, methods, and information relating to discipline and application within the industry
- Significant experience in engineering
Exempt Careers at Honeywell - Engineering
- Job ID: req139274
- Category: Engineering
- Location: UOA Corporate Tower, Avenue 10, The Vertical,, Bangsar South City, No. 8, Jalan Kerinchi, Kuala Lumpur, WP 59200 MYS
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, refer to the EEO is the Law poster .
Please refer to the EEO is the Law Supplement Poster & the Pay Transparency Policy .
If a disability prevents you from applying for a job through our website, request assistance here . No other requests will be acknowledged.
Terms & Conditions | Privacy Statement © 2017 Honeywell International Inc.