Senior Account Manager
Join a team recognized for leadership, innovation and diversity
Honeywell Process Solutions has an excellent opportunity for a Senior Account Manager supporting Quebec and reporting to the Eastern Canada Regional Sales Manager. The Senior Account Manager will work with our clients to provide best in class Industrial Automation Solutions to optimize business operations. The incumbent can reside in either Montreal or Quebec City or surrounding areas, this role will require travel throughout their assigned territory up to 50%.
Honeywell Process Solutions (HPS) is a strategic business unit within Honeywell Performance Materials and Technologies (PMT). HPS improves the safety, reliability, efficiency and sustainability of industrial facilities on every continent around the world. HPS offers a full range of industry-leading automation and control solutions and advanced software applications to key vertical industries, including oil & gas, mining, refining, pulp & paper, power, chemical, and life sciences. Competitive salary and excellent benefits await the successful candidate.
- Help drive business development on strategic initiatives to deliver growth with new customers who have not yet been exposed to Honeywell's portfolio.
- Retain and grow business with established customers who have Honeywell installed base products.
- Develop opportunities and generate new streams of revenue through sales of products and services, up-selling and cross-selling, and where appropriate engaging various Honeywell internal resources.
- Complete Territory Plan to identify and prioritize potential target organizations along with growth opportunities within current accounts.
- Complete Account Plans for all key Accounts.
- Deep dive on specific account which should include competitive market information, customer business structure, growth opportunities, key relationships and influencers as part of a ‘political map’ in order to further develop this Account.
- Leverage Channel Sales organization and promote authorized distributors for growth of product and solutions sales at targeted customers.
- Clearly express the value proposition and benefits of the Honeywell products, solutions and channels to market, and use this knowledge to help increase the value and adoption of our solutions by the customer.
- Effectively develop customer relationships while developing a good understanding of customer businesses and maintaining high levels of customer satisfaction through regular communication, delivering on expectations and resolving issues in a timely manner.
- Ensure sales forecast and pipeline data quality to ensure clear reporting of sales opportunities value, timing, win %, go % etc…
- Leverage communication tools (such as Skype, voice mail, e-mail, web applications, etc…) to improve productivity.
- Meet or exceed assigned Sales Quota.
Preferred Skills & Experience:
- Established personal credibility in the Process Automation sector
- Strong time management skills, with an ability to develop and implement effective systems for managing administrative tasks and tracking progress against appropriate activity goals
- Strong results orientation, with the commitment and drive to achieve business goals in a demanding and competitive business environment
- Ability to prioritize tasks and customers, to ensure time is maximized for growing the assigned territory base while ensuring their customers receive an excellent level of service from their Account Manager
- Excellent communication skills (listening, questioning, written and verbal) to ensure we understand the customer’s need, the Honeywell value position is clearly articulated, a persuasive business case is presented and a professional image is always conveyed.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills to lead meetings and presentations, lead internally through influence and build and maintain customer relationships
- Elevated level of business awareness to help build credibility with the client, spot potential opportunities within a peer group or industry sector, and express the benefits of
- Honeywell in the appropriate business context
- Exceptional negotiation and closing skills
Experience using, and training in, one or more complex sales methodologies (Miller Heiman, Customer Centric Selling, Target Account Selling etc…)
10 Customer Account Management
20 Search for New Customers
50 Visit Customers
10 Attend trade shows, seminars, events
10 Customer Reporting
YOU MUST HAVE
- Bachelor's degree.
- Minimum 5 years experience in industrial automation sales
- Fluent communication skills in both French and English, spoken and written
- Minimum 3 years of portfolio sales, and /or business development experience in one or more of the following vertical markets: oil/gas, refining, pulp and paper, energy, mining, chemical, power and industrial automation and controls.
- A proficient understanding of key sales principles and best practices
- Excellent team and communication skills
- An ability to take initiative and work with limited direction
- An ability to influence across a broader organization
- An ability to influence customers, while maintaining healthy relationships
- Significant experience in selling industrial automation solutions
- Understanding of the Honeywell value proposition as well as the competitive landscape
- DCS, PLC, SCADA experience
- Optimization software
- Availability to travel up to 50 % of the Time
- A proven successful track record of meeting sales quotas
- Successful sales experience preferably in solution selling of systems, software and/or services, process automation, applications or information technology of industrial control products and services
- Demonstrated success in developing accounts and winning new business in complex solutions environment
- Positive track record calling on customer's plant management, upper management and VP levels
- Utilize CRM and/or account management software tools to keep complete and current information on customers resulting in effective territory management and forecasting.
- Computer Skills: Intermediate knowledge of MS Office (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Proven ability to meet or exceed quota in a complex sales environment
Exempt How Honeywell is Connecting the World
- Continued Professional Development
- Job ID: HRD26023
- Category: Sales
- Location: 2100 52nd Avenue, Lachine, QC H8T 2Y5 CAN
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, refer to the EEO is the Law poster .
Please refer to the EEO is the Law Supplement Poster & the Pay Transparency Policy .
If a disability prevents you from applying for a job through our website, request assistance here . No other requests will be acknowledged.
Terms & Conditions | Privacy Statement © 2017 Honeywell International Inc.