Business Development Specialist - Construction
Join a team recognized for leadership, innovation and diversity
About Honeywell Building Solutions
As a global company, Honeywell designs and manufactures technologies to address some of the world’s toughest challenges linked to global macro trends. At Honeywell Building Solutions (HBS), we address these challenges specifically within the building environment. Our focus is installing, integrating and maintaining the systems that keep your facility safe, secure, comfortable, productive and energy efficient. We’re also a global leader in energy services, working with organizations to conserve energy, optimize building operations and leverage renewable energy sources.
We can help you with:
- Energy efficiency, security, reliability, sustainability
- Integrated security
- Building controls, automation and management
- System service, maintenance and optimization
- Smart buildings
- HBS has an excellent opportunity for a Senior Competitive Construction Business Consultant.
- The primary focus will be on new business development, by leveraging sales strategies and plans to grow Honeywell’s Competitive Construction market within the following:
- Traditional Bid Spec Market-New Client Acquisition/Service Contracts within Enterprise and the Public
- Design Build Market: developing partnerships with key Ecosystem business units such as Architects, Engineers, Consultants, General Contractors, other sub trades, and end-users
- Building a network of Ecosystem partners across Canada.
- Primary customer interface responsible for the development of business, and management of
- Understanding of the customer’s business, drivers, and organization, and an understanding of the value that HBS brings to the customer to drive to real business outcomes.
- Dissemination of key messages, initiatives, and of information pertaining to the value HBS brings to that specific customer at all levels of the customer’s organization.
- Business partner to the customer establishes a defensible barrier to competitors, maximizes the business potential of their customers, and acts as the primary supplier interface for all products, solutions and services with this customer.
- Champions the customers’ needs and requirements within the HBS organization.
- Works closely with the Management Team, to ensure 100% customer satisfaction
- Responsible for achievement of revenue, margin plans and economic value-added goals
- Able to negotiate consistently with customers and complex accounts to arrive at mutual agreements. This is demonstrated within all growth opportunities or accounts.
- Territory and Opportunity, Plans and Strategy
- Customer Relationships and Account Development
- Customer specific pursuit plans and annual customer facing business reviews
- Orders and margin above set quota in support of Annual Operating Plan
Accurate forecast of orders and growth opportunities
25 Provide Market Intelligence
25 Report Business Activities
25 Meet Business Plans
25 Engage with Channel Partners
YOU MUST HAVE
- 8 years selling or business development experience within the competitive construction industry handling multi-million dollar deals.
- 8 years selling Building Automation, Security, or Mechanical systems/products.
- MBA or Engineering or Business Degree.
- Proven ability to work and sell across various diverse markets.
- Proven experience developing and executing strategies for sales growth.
- Creative, decisive, high energy and ability to energize and inspire others.
- Excellent Negotiation Skills: Ability to understand the customer needs, negotiate complex sales and total value offerings to customers.
- Strong Coaching and Influencing Skills: Ability to work in a highly matrixed organization and influence other members of leadership team without formal authority.
Accommodation is available upon request for applicants with disabilities under the Ontario Human Rights Code
Exempt How Honeywell is Connecting the World
- Job ID: req138565
- Category: Sales
- Location: Markham, ON L6G 0B5 CAN
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, refer to the EEO is the Law poster .
Please refer to the EEO is the Law Supplement Poster & the Pay Transparency Policy .
If a disability prevents you from applying for a job through our website, request assistance here . No other requests will be acknowledged.
Terms & Conditions | Privacy Statement © 2017 Honeywell International Inc.