Health, Safety and Environment Leader
Join a team recognized for leadership, innovation and diversity
The HBS Eastern Canada Health, Safety and Environment Leader (HSE) willprovide subject matter expertise that assists the business in managing the risks associated with all operational aspects of the business.
Reporting to the HBS Americas HSE Director, you will deliver the HBS HSE Annual Operating Plan (AOP) whilst minimizing risks to ensure long term sustainability of the HBS Americas businesses. You will work towards developing an HSE performance culture that will differentiate us from our competitors and expand Honeywell’s reputation as a low risk provider.
- Compliance to Honeywell corporate requirements and legislation.
- Represent the Eastern Canada Region in the HBS Americas HSE team.
- Establish relationships and processes with HBS Eastern Canada Region business managers to influence all employees to meet HSE goals and objectives.
- Work with the Americas HSE Director to identify actions required to maintain HS&E Certification to OHSAS 18001/ISO 45001/14001.
- Facilitate a change to HBS culture toward a safe working environment by enhancing the knowledge, skills and attitudes of Honeywell employees and sub-contractors
- Advise management on HSE matters as they affect all aspects of HBS in Eastern Canada.
- Audit Honeywell managed facilities to ensure we are compliant to statutory and corporate requirements and working to approved risk management plans. (Including rire testing regulations, cooling tower/water treatment testing, lift inspections as per manufacturer’s recommendation, etc).
- Assist in making HSE a competitive differentiator for Honeywell in the marketplace.
- Participate in and support the Crisis and Emergency Management Team.
- Co-ordinate with HBS Americas HSE Director for corporate compliance and event reporting.
- Conduct regular and ongoing HSE reviews of projects and service contracts across the Eastern Canada Region.
- Work with the Americas HSE Team and Regional Leaders as required to advance new programs, processes and tools to continuously improve the efficiency and effectiveness of HSE practices.
- Ensure the integration of HSE practices in the HOS Gold Enterprise initiative.
Willing to travel frequently (usually domestic).
20 Implements HSE&F standards
20 Site compliance reviews
20 Advocates HOS behaviors
20 Deploys safety initiatives
20 Ensures compliance standards
YOU MUST HAVE
- Bachelor's Degree in engineering, manufacturing, safety, environmental science or facilities-related field.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a full-time HSE role with demonstrated HSE field experience.
- Master's Degree in Health, Safety, Environment or Engineering.
- Green belt certified or willing to become certified in first 12 months.
- A comprehensive knowledge of HSE legislation and management systems.
- Outstanding influencing and negotiation skills.
- Demonstrable personal attributes to effectively communicate and influence all levels of employees and leadership.
- Experienced in change management and continuous improvement projects.
- French language skills (professional).
Exempt How Honeywell is Connecting the World
- 1st Shift
- Continued Professional Development
- Job ID: req151749
- Category: Health, Safety & Environment
- Location: 85 Enterprise Blvd., Suite 100, Markham, ON L6G 0B5 CAN
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, refer to the EEO is the Law poster .
Please refer to the EEO is the Law Supplement Poster & the Pay Transparency Policy .
If a disability prevents you from applying for a job through our website, request assistance here . No other requests will be acknowledged.
Terms & Conditions | Privacy Statement © 2017 Honeywell International Inc.