Sr. Quality Engineering Supervisor
Innovate to solve the world's most important challenges
This is an incredibly exciting time to join the Honeywell Transportation Systems team! Transportation Systems is the true pioneer of automotive turbocharging dating back more than 60 years, and continues today as the world's leader in turbo technology solutions and an experienced supplier of electric boosting products and automotive software to support passenger cars, commercial vehicles and off-highway equipment. With a worldwide footprint of engineering centers, testing labs and manufacturing facilities,
Transportation Systems serves all major automotive companies to implement key differentiated technology offerings.
As a testimony to its success, in 2018 Honeywell will be spinning off the Transportation Systems
business into a stand-alone, publicly traded company. Being a stand-alone company will provide Transportation Systems the independence, focus, direct financial resources, and flexibility required to adapt quickly to market and customer dynamics, and we want you to be part of its evolution. Both new and
existing employees will have a more direct benefit from the company’s performance in a multitude of ways.
Critical Expectations & Responsibilities
- Responsible of quick kaizen, Kaizen events & knowledge sharing to ensure ContinuousImprovement throughout the process
- Comply with the requirements of HSE
- Participate in performance audits
- Leads the plant organization in setting and achieving quality goals, programs andactivities to meet customer and internal needs and expectations.
- Creates strategic and operating plans for the site’s quality improvements
- Establishes, maintains and improves the site’s quality management system integrated into regional and WW requirements
- Develops the quality functional organization and the individuals therein to meet customer and internal expectations for the quality function and profession.
- Has the authority and responsibility to stop production and/or shipments where critical quality standards are not met. Will work actively with plant and functional leaders to resolve such issues quickly and effectively to authorize re-start of production.
- Assures all relevant quality data is recorded and maintained in appropriate HTT systems. Reports quality results to site and upper management in quantitative and interpretive styles.
- Ensure that for ongoing production, any deviations from approved documentation are properly analyzed, controlled & approved, including obtaining engineering approvals where appropriate.
- Develops quality training programs for all process quality team (Eng, Tech, Inspe) and works with HR to assure delivery to all new, current and temporary workers on his area.
Responsible for or assures the following functional quality activities:
Outgoing product quality assurance
- Deviation and CAR management
- Other quality requirements as appropriate
- BIQ (Built in Quality) system including communication across the site
- Customer PPM
- Internal PPM
- 8D Response
IATF 16949 Certifications
30 People management
25 Lead improvement teams
20 Coordinate resolution
YOU MUST HAVE
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering (Industrial, Mechanical or Electrical Engineering)
- Excellent Communication Skills (90%)
- Current Visa
- Knowledge on Minitab, GD&T
- Manufacturing experience in a fast paced environment
- Ability to collaborate effectively with internal/external customers
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Demonstrated application of continuous improvement
- Able to influence changes that positively impact production
- Some experience of leading technical teams
- Knowledge of quality assurance standards
- Experience implementing Quality Management systems
- Six Sigma Greenbelt desired
- SAP Preferable
Exempt The Turbo Advantage
- Some Travel Required
- Continued Professional Development
- Job ID: HRD25483
- Category: Integrated Supply Chain
- Location: Blvd. Lazaro Cardenas #2545, Mexicali, BC 21376 MEX
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, refer to the EEO is the Law poster .
Please refer to the EEO is the Law Supplement Poster & the Pay Transparency Policy .
If a disability prevents you from applying for a job through our website, request assistance here . No other requests will be acknowledged.
Terms & Conditions | Privacy Statement © 2017 Honeywell International Inc.