Design solutions to drive safe living and quality of life
The Controls Project Engineer or Controls is the owner of the controls content of a project or program of projects and responsible for maintaining program consistency between projects, documentation, and support. He or she will manage program requirements and associated documentation, as well as maintain all technical program communications with customers and drive product and project execution improvements and continuous improvement efforts.
· Produces functional and conceptual technical design specifications and provides technical leadership, support and expertise for assigned projects
· Ensures that required prerequisites (e.g. design inputs, tools, documentation, deliverables, schedule, and budget) are in place prior to commencing work.
· Ensures that the engineered solution meets project requirements in terms of functionality, standards, quality, and supporting documentation and implementation process at minimum cost by allocating work assignments to project team fully utilizing standard builds & standardized work
· Leads the development and documentation of standard PLC Base Code design logic: i.e., development of standard logic subroutines, AOI’s, and UDT’s for frequently implemented applications; documents PLC logic standards using the application guide formant; working with all levels of PLC Controls Engineers to help resolve logic issues and roll logic improvements into the standards.
· Creates PLC Base Code test plans for all new R & D Code development efforts for In-House, Site, Commissioning, and Acceptance testing.
· Supports critical customer acceptance/BUAT/UAT/FAT as required.
50 Produce technical designs
50 Development & Documentation of PLCs
•Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, Controls Engineering or related.
· Minimum 3-5 years of Controls Engineering experience is required.
· Experience with designing / implementing controls for Honeywell/Intelligrated or other third-party material handling systems is a plus.
· Advanced iAllen Bradley and Siemens PLC knowledge.
· Strong programming experience with SCADA OR HMI.
· Fluency in English and Spanish required.
· Proficient in the use of profibus (protocol) and ethernet.
· Proficient in technical drawing interpretation.
· Familiar with SAP/ORACLE.
· Understands the importance of health and safety aspects to be able to manage projects properly.
· Availability to work on-site (50% of the time traveling inside/outside Mexico).
Exempt Honeywell Technology Solutions
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, refer to the EEO is the Law poster .
Please refer to the EEO is the Law Supplement Poster & the Pay Transparency Policy .
If a disability prevents you from applying for a job through our website, request assistance here . No other requests will be acknowledged.
Terms & Conditions | Privacy Statement © 2017 Honeywell International Inc.