Global Commodity Manager – Raw Materials, Metals
Design solutions to drive safe living and quality of life
We are looking for a Global Commodity Manager to be based in EMEA and lead the metals raw material commodity globally, responsible for a raw materials metals spend >$100m per year and 2 direct reports, the role will report to the EMEA Sourcing Director and will involve interaction on a regular basis with the senior leadership of the business.
Key responsibilities include:
- To Meet or exceed AOP and fulfill the business expectations
- Manage risk into the business and create pricing stability
- View forward position and plan accordingly
- Ensure long term security of supply through highly effective supplier relationship management
- Leverage overall position for tier 1 and tier 2 metals
- Become the go to expert through continuously improving data and knowledge for material standardisation / optimisation and market reports and through continuously improving and developing the process to manage business costs
- Create strategy that drives flexibility based on market changes
- Providing market reports to all functions (sales, marketing, procurement, leadership)
- Executing successful supplier transitions and implementing consignment, stocking, and 3PL solutions with suppliers to improve overall supply flexibility and responsiveness
- Mange e-auctions of tier 1 / tier 2 (Spend)
- Act as escalation point for resolving delivery and quality issues
- Lead component and value engineering projects to establish cost benefit in tier 1 and tier 2
- Ensure implementation of hedge recommendations at approved level or better and recording of hedges made in the CRMT (commodity raw material tracker)
- Analyse market trends and movements to secure hedges within the recommended guidelines from corporate and market data analysis (or better)
- Supplier management and maintenance of preferred supplier List
- Report out of hedging status and liabilities and hedge not completed
- Hedge and risk management + Tier 1 and Tier 2 supplier negotiations, securing business approvals
- Negotiating supply agreements in support of overall supply chain goals
- Maintaining continuous in-depth knowledge of market conditions, industry trends
- Development and execution of Annual Operating Plan (AOP) globally
- Leading the commodity team, create sourcing strategy to include preferred supplier base
- Lead initiatives for key metrics around supplier PPV for the sourcing department and the factories. .
Align Honeywell working capital goals driving suppliers to Net 90 or above
25 Ensure long term security of supply
25 Executing successful supplier transitions
25 Supplier management and maintenance of preferred supplier List
25 Leading the commodity team
- Bachelor degree
- 10 years + experience in commodity management
- Travel 10% of time
Preferred Additional Qualifications:
- College degree, preferably a MBA in Business or Engineering related field. Additional sourcing qualifications a bonus.
- CIPS, CPM and/or APICS certification a plus.
- Strong commodity knowledge, in particular the steel, red metal and precious metal markets in both North America and EMEA,
- Track record of managing and developing similar hedging / risk management processes for other large multinational companies
- Comfortable with and the ability to interact / present on a regular basis to senior members of the business (CPO / CFO level)
- Experience project managing transition of suppliers, production and /or processes.
- Strong project management skills and organization.
- Experience of managing a significant global spend at multiple manufacturing locations, excellent teaming abilities.
- Direct report / leadership experience, strong communication and leadership skills
- Ability to work comfortably in a highly matrixed and remote organizational environment.
- Learning opportunity on interesting projects in the international environment
- Use of English on a daily basis
- Wide spectrum of employee benefits
- Training and an opportunity for a professional growth
Exempt How Honeywell is Connecting the World
- Job ID: req137920
- Category: Procurement
- Location: Hardhofweg, Mosbach, BW 74821 DEU
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, refer to the EEO is the Law poster .
Please refer to the EEO is the Law Supplement Poster & the Pay Transparency Policy .
If a disability prevents you from applying for a job through our website, request assistance here . No other requests will be acknowledged.
Terms & Conditions | Privacy Statement © 2017 Honeywell International Inc.