Project Application Engineer
Join the industry leader to design the next generation of breakthroughs
As a global company, Honeywell designs and manufactures technologies to address some of the world’s toughest challenges linked to global macro trends, such as energy efficiency, clean energy generation, safety and security, globalization and customer productivity. At Honeywell Building Solutions (HBS), we address these challenges specifically within the building environment. Our focus is installing, integrating and maintaining the systems that keep your facility safe, secure, comfortable, productive and energy efficient. We’re also a global leader in energy services, working with organizations to conserve energy, optimize building operations and leverage renewable energy sources.
About the Position
The Application Engineer will be responsible for assisting the designated Project Supervisor with the Technical delivery of assigned projects.
Responsible for the delivery of the onsite commissioning process of BMS projects and all associated activities
This typically includes:
- Create bespoke project software packages in line with an agreed Description of Operation. Experience required in both Honeywell and open protocol device programming
- Good IT knowledge and ability to set up basic networks
- Ability to read and understand contract drawings both electrical & mechanical
- Update as required Honeywell wiring schematics
- Interact with subcontractors on site
- Represent Project Supervisor at site meetings as required
- On site commissioning
- Carry out site demonstration / acceptance
- Complete Handover Documentation
- Possess a comprehensive understanding of high end HVAC applications.
- Assessment of customer site for installation requirements.
- Develop software, perform ‘bench testing’ if required and deliver commissioning package to field. Assist delivery in start-up as required.
- Control systems design, implementation and documentation.
- Assist for commissioning start-up and checkout of systems on-site as well as project management.
- Consistent delivery of Exceptional Support solutions and innovation to customers.
- Expansion of business value within the market via delighted customer philosophies.
- Consistently exceeding customer expectation.
- Assist Estimation team to pull together quotations for new works
- Carry out site surveys and compile detailed documentation of requirements.
- Identify all possible contract variations and relay these to Project Supervisor
- Provide technical assistance to other team members.
- Assist with apprentice development
5. Health, Safety and Statutory Compliance
- Ensure all applicable standards are upheld.
Ensures that Honeywell SOPs are adhered to.
50 Facilitate issue identification and analysis
50 Investigate and resolve technical issues
Education Level and/or Relevant Experiences:
- HNC Electronic Engineering
- Excellent computer skills
- Previous experience working within similar environment
- Knowledge of networking, database technology and trends in IT would be highly advantageous
- Previous exposure to a site base, construction environment
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- 3-5 years’ experience in control projects, with extensive on-site knowledge
- Self-starting, able to work with a minimum of supervision
- Willing to develop extensive product knowledge in formal training, and in “on the job” environments, working with latest Honeywell technology
- Able to work cooperatively and provide technical direction in a team environment
- Commitment to customer satisfaction
- Excellent communication – both verbal and written
- The ability to work under pressure
- A strong commitment to safety and a safe working environment
- Capacity to deliver against multiple objectives
- Ability to identify technical solutions to customers’ business needs
- UK driving licence essential
- CSCS Skill card preferred
Nonexempt How Honeywell is Connecting the World
- Continued Professional Development
- Job ID: HRD47472
- Category: Customer/Product Support
- Location: Newhouse Industrial Estate, Block 1A, Motherwell, LAN ML1 5SB GBR
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, refer to the EEO is the Law poster .
Please refer to the EEO is the Law Supplement Poster & the Pay Transparency Policy .
For more information on how we process your information in the job application process, please refer to Recruitment Privacy Notice .
If a disability prevents you from applying for a job through our website, request assistance here . No other requests will be acknowledged.
Terms & Conditions | Privacy Statement © 2017 Honeywell International Inc.