Product Category Manager
Join a team recognized for leadership, innovation and diversity
This is an incredibly exciting time to join the Homes and Global Distribution team at Honeywell! Homes and Global Distribution is a leader in the home heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) controls and security markets, and a leading global distributor of security and fire protection products.
In 2018, Honeywell will be spinning off the Homes and Global Distribution business into a stand-alone, publicly traded company. Being a stand-alone company will provide the business the independence, focus, direct financial resources, and flexibility required to adapt quickly to market and customer dynamics, and we want you to be part of its evolution.
- Define local product mix, positioning and pricing strategies based on EMEA defined core product assortment, on industry trends (new technologies, emerging vendors) and customer buying patterns
- Responsible and accountable for achieving AOP (Annual Operation Plan) for the given category in given country/territory in the key metrics which are SALES and MARGIN ($)
- Defines customer pricing and discount levels
- Creates strategic plans for each category of product, including product lifecycle, growth and promotional programs, NPIs and support of local sales team. Work closely with the EMEA Sr. Product Manager to ensure the strategy across EMEA is consistent.
- Manages local supplier relationships (HON & ALT), product portfolio, marketing growth programs and communications, local vendor agreements including rebates and marketing development funds
- Creates customer segment targeted growth programs
- Owns product category P&L, grows the product category profitably in line with targets, while adhering to working capital requirements for the category of products
- Educates local sales team on core product assortment and industry trends
- Prepares product trainings for customers in conjunction with Sales Support and Marcoms
- Contributes to AOP, STRAP, including business plan for category
- Utilizes reporting tools to analyze business issues & category performance
- Prepares for and participates in SIOP including product lifecycle, disposition of IOS/Excess inventory for the category
- Provides input for customer focused marketing material (content/pricing of monthly sales flyer, catalogues, e-commerce) in local language
- Regularly collects industry, competitive information and create internal and external customer VOC’s. Participates in key industry events/associations
- Provides feedback to EMEA Senior Product Manager on local market trends, including local regulatory requirements
Every 6 months (on rotation basis) to assist EMEA product manager (direct line manager) with EMEA related tasks to improve the international knowledge and experience in given product category
30 New Product Introduction
20 Create Product Roadmaps
20 Marketing Plans
20 Voice of the Customer
10 Manager Product Life Cycle
YOU MUST HAVE
- Significant number of years of experience in product/category/buying/merchandising management in retail/distribution/B2B environment
- Experience in Security industry at least in one of the following categories: Intrusion, Video, IP Video, Access Control, Network Solutions
- Experience in managing vendor portfolio, category management and pricing policy; including managing local vendor relationships
- Proven track record in driving improvements in inventory management processes, including SIOP (Sales, Inventory, Operations, Planning), forecasting, IOS (Inactive, Obsolete, Surplus)
- Experience in developing and driving integrated growth programs across all sub-categories, using data mining and other tools to target appropriate customer segments
- Ability to create reports and analyze data, including ROI of new products and vendor events
- Language skills: English advanced, native local language is a must
- Strategic thinking: Ability to establish long term growth program for given product category
- Customer - Oriented: Passionate about understanding customer needs and implementing it in product/category management
- Results-Oriented: A self-starting driver with the ability to take actions and implement solutions in a timely manner
- Problem Solver: A creative yet pragmatic problem solver.
- Analytical Thinking and Decision-Making: Excellent planning, execution and project-management skills.
- Teamwork and Interpersonal Skills: A team player with excellent interpersonal skills and an ability to interact successfully with a diverse work force across multiple countries
- Best practice sharing: Able to identify best practices locally and on EMEA level and communicate them to the whole EMEA team
- Ethics: Highest level of professional integrity and honesty as well as personal credibility.
Exempt How Honeywell is Connecting the World
- Continued Professional Development
- Job ID: req135461
- Category: Marketing
- Location: 41-47 Rue des Freres Lumiere, Zl des Chanoux, Neuilly Sur Marne, 93 93330 FRA
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, refer to the EEO is the Law poster .
Please refer to the EEO is the Law Supplement Poster & the Pay Transparency Policy .
If a disability prevents you from applying for a job through our website, request assistance here . No other requests will be acknowledged.
Terms & Conditions | Privacy Statement © 2017 Honeywell International Inc.