Engineering Support Specialist II
Join the industry leader to design the next generation of breakthroughs
Perform a variety of moderately complex to complex engineering support assignments requiring knowledge of manufacturing, business, and project management processes.
* Summary of Duties: *
- Partner with engineers, technicians, and operations personnel in product development activities.
- Provide up-to-date information on key metrics and / or other information / data as required. This can involve the use of Microsoft Excel / Access / Work / Project, ERP/MRP, Visio, Acrobat, SolidWorks, Webforms, Document Control, and other applications. Reporting and Tracking are a major component of this support and talking to the information provided may be / is required.
- Familiarize oneself with our systems so you will know the best locations to pick information from and will be able to share these with others. Work with others to encourage best practices including standardization and continual improvement.
- Create or assist in the creation of product setups within ERP and product definitions within document control.
- Enter procurement items for development within ERP, working with engineering, purchasing, and management.
- Review various information from multiple systems to ensure accuracy and completeness and summarize that information into a report.
- Work on teams as directed which can include commodity teams, safety committee, volunteer groups, continual improvement teams, etc.
Work with others to learn about other parts of the process and who our internal customers are along with their expectations. Reach beyond the assigned training to increase understanding and knowledge in support of the team and in the management of self-growth.
10 Focal for training, data collection & analysis
80 Assist engineering staff
10 Work supply based management
* You Must Have: *
- US citizenship in order to obtain US Dept. of Energy "Q" level security clearance
- Associates Degree in technical field or business, or 2 or more years military experience
- Two (2) or more years of experience in an engineering and/or manufacturing environment
- Two (2) or more years' demonstrated proficiency with MSOffice Suite desktop applications, such as Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, & Project.
* We Value: *
- Bachelor's degree in technical or business field
- Five (5) or more years of experience preferred, in an engineering or manufacturing environment with progressively increasing levels of responsibility
- Experience in engineering-related administrative activities such as configuration management, financial reporting, product testing procedures& data entry preferred
- Experience working in Enhanced Need-To-Know environment
- Ability to plan and organize, demonstrate excellent time management and support several projects at once. Detail in all aspects is critical.
- Experience with Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP), NDS execution system.
- Demonstrated history of gathering, analyzing and reporting of significant amounts of data and information.
Must have or be eligible for a security clearance due to contractual requirements.Nonexempt Honeywell Aerospace Overview
- Continued Professional Development
- 1st Shift
- Job ID: req169377
- Category: Engineering
- Location: 6700 W 115th St, Overland Park, KS 66211 USA
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, refer to the EEO is the Law poster .
Please refer to the EEO is the Law Supplement Poster & the Pay Transparency Policy .
For more information on how we process your information in the job application process, please refer to Recruitment Privacy Notice .
If a disability prevents you from applying for a job through our website, request assistance here . No other requests will be acknowledged.
Terms & Conditions | Privacy Statement © 2017 Honeywell International Inc.