Sr Accountant Payroll AP
Innovate to solve the world's most important challenges
Provides analysis, and training within the accounts payable, payroll and travel/expense reporting functions. Serves as the go-to person within the Disbursements group for data requests and analysis.
Summary of Duties:
- Assists in planning, organizing, and coordinating accounting activities to meet established objectives and schedules including analysis of reports, journal entries, and other data
- Anticipates business needs and develops analytical data to support decision making.
- Assists in the development and maintenance of internal procedures and work instructions for reporting and accounting activities.
- Uses financial reporting customized as necessary and reasonable to support requirements. Manages multiple and ad hoc requests in a timely manner.
- Assists in the training of personnel in various accounting activities.
- Performs special assignments or assigns projects and provides results to management.
- Leads the calendar year end process for payroll in preparation of W2s and the quarterly/annual tax reports.
- Responsible for payroll related unallowable cost reporting / activities.
- Reviews and assists in the set up of new states for payroll tax purposes and researches new payroll tax regulations for application to FM&T.
- Prepare and submit assigned journal entries and account reconciliations.
- Recommends accounting treatment of non-routine business transactions, performs ad-hoc analysis and completes special projects.
- Serves as a consultant and external spokesperson for the Finance organization on major matters pertaining to policies, plans and objectives.
- Serves as liaison to management in the absence of supervision.
- Work with internal and external auditors - answering questions and providing documentation in a timely manner.
- May perform other duties as required
- Conducts activities in a safe and healthy manner and works in accordance with established HS&E requirements to ensure the protection of employees, the public, and the environment. Takes actions necessary to "stop" work when an unsafe condition or action is identified. Every employee has the right and responsibility to stop work when unsafe conditions or actions are identified.
We are a multi-site business. This position may sit in an office in Kansas City, MO or Overland Park, KS, and selected individuals may
need to work in both offices as required.
30 Performing data analytics
30 Financial Reporting
15 Account reconciliations and journal entries
You Must Have:
- U.S. citizenship in order to obtain and maintain a DOE “Q” level security clearance
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting and minimum of 3 years Finance or Accounting experience
- In lieu of degree minimum of seven years Honeywell Finance experience
- Previous Payroll, Accounts Payable and/or Travel Management experience in an analytical role is a plus
- Advanced level of proficiency applying advanced principles, theories and concepts.
- Contributes to the development of new principles and concepts.
- Knowledge of fund/governmental accounting
- Proficient in MS Office applications (PowerPoint, Excel and Word).
- PeopleSoft Experience
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to work with multiple teams of people and inspire those teams to work together to reach a common goal.
- Ability to take initiative and drive process improvement
Must be a US Citizen due to contractual requirements.Exempt Honeywell FM&T Overview
- Continued Professional Development
- Some Travel Required
- Job ID: req146807
- Category: Finance
- Location: 6700 W 115th St, Overland Park, KS 66211 USA
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, refer to the EEO is the Law poster .
Please refer to the EEO is the Law Supplement Poster & the Pay Transparency Policy .
If a disability prevents you from applying for a job through our website, request assistance here . No other requests will be acknowledged.
Terms & Conditions | Privacy Statement © 2017 Honeywell International Inc.