Join a team recognized for leadership, innovation and diversity
Why you would want this role?
Honeywell Safety and Productivity Solutions provides comprehensive solutions that enhance workplace safety and incident response, improve enterprise and workflow performance and enable greater product design innovation. Customers rely on Honeywell’s connected solutions to provide real-time safety intelligence, increase worker productivity and enrich operational intelligence with data-driven insights that enable smarter business decisions. Honeywell SPS serves customers in aerospace, automotive, commercial building, first responder, field service, healthcare, logistics, manufacturing, oil & gas, power an utilities, medical, retail, supply chain, test & measurement and transportation markets.
What are we looking for?
We have an exciting opportunity for a day shift senior manufacturing technician to join our manufacturing team under our City Technology brand to be based in Poole, Dorset.
What will you be doing every day?
· Perform daily checks on assembly processes, ensuring that all in-process and end of process quality metrics are adhered to
· Diagnose faults and repair pneumatic and electro/mechanical equipment as required
· Ensure that the preventative maintenance schedule is strictly adhered to and that spare parts are maintained and reordered to ensure that production is downtime is kept to a minimum
· Ensure uptime, utilisation, yield and scrap metrics/ targets are recorded
· Ensure that all automated cell assembly machines are loaded, set up and run to meet production demands
· Mentor and develop the skills of staff to enable them to monitor automated cell assembly and to be able to resolve minor manufacturing issues before they affect production
· Maintain stock at the required level to ensure no machine downtime
· Ensure that all input and output Kan-Ban levels are held at optimum / prescribed levels
· Assist the Supervisor in the production area, and deputise when supervisor not on shift
25 Process improvements
25 Preventative Maintenance
25 Fault Finding
YOU MUST HAVE
· ONC, HNC, or HND in Production Engineering, or similar, or the ability to work towards,
· Previous experience of mechanical or production engineering in an automated environment
· Previous experience with pneumatic component installation or fault finding equipment
· Diagnosing electrical faults
· Computer literate
· Strong numerical/analytical ability
· Good problem solving ability
· Experience in operating machinery, as this will be required when maintenance is not required
· Knowledge of quality systems
· Working knowledge of H&S
· Strong communicator, written as well as vocal
· Flexible approach to work and a can do attitude
Nonexempt Careers at Honeywell - Engineering
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, refer to the EEO is the Law poster .
Please refer to the EEO is the Law Supplement Poster & the Pay Transparency Policy .
If a disability prevents you from applying for a job through our website, request assistance here . No other requests will be acknowledged.
Terms & Conditions | Privacy Statement © 2017 Honeywell International Inc.