Innovate to solve the world's most important challenges
Why you would want this role?
Honeywell Safety and Productivity Solutions provides comprehensive solutions that enhance workplace safety and incident response, improve enterprise and workflow performance and enable greater product design innovation. Customers rely on Honeywell’s connected solutions to provide real-time safety intelligence, increase worker productivity and enrich operational intelligence with data-driven insights that enable smarter business decisions. Honeywell SPS serves customers in aerospace, automotive, commercial building, first responder, field service, healthcare, logistics, manufacturing, oil & gas, power an utilities, medical, retail, supply chain, test & measurement and transportation markets.
What are we looking for?
We have an exciting opportunity for a Mechanical Design Engineer to join our design office team within SPS to be based in Portsmouth, England.
What will you be doing every day?
· Maintain the CAD data base and keep in a good order
· Update drawings according to design changes and issue through system
· Regularly use drafting skills, with 3D CAD Package
· Design changes to existing products using correct Dimensioning and Tolerancing processes
· Maintain and update all drawing changes through 3D CAD Package and synchronise into the data base
· Fault finding including sectioning sensors in the lab and doing testing needed to prove root cause and fixes
25 3D modeling
25 Technical documentation
25 Fault Finding
YOU MUST HAVE
· Degree in Mechanical Engineering or Similar – With experience using this in a work placement
· Experience in working in a design capacity using CAD programs
· Thorough approach to problem solving and work related activities
· Understand basic moulding and limitations of material, particularly associated with plastic and metal parts
· Rapid prototyping techniques
· Degree in Mechanical Engineering
· Excellent oral and written communications skills
· GAS sensors
· Designing parts for small injection moulding
· Knowledge of injection moulding (an understanding)
· Practical skills, for example component dissectionExempt Careers at Honeywell - Engineering
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, refer to the EEO is the Law poster .
Please refer to the EEO is the Law Supplement Poster & the Pay Transparency Policy .
If a disability prevents you from applying for a job through our website, request assistance here . No other requests will be acknowledged.
Terms & Conditions | Privacy Statement © 2017 Honeywell International Inc.