Area HSE Specialist
Driving Infinite Possibilities Within A Diversified, Global Organization
The Corporate Health, Safety, Environment, product Stewardship & Sustainability (HSEPS) department is responsible for partnering with Honeywell’s diverse businesses to develop and deploy health, safety and environmental strategies and programs. Management of the HSE function across Honeywell is based on a company-wide Management System that begins with Honeywell’s policy and formal commitment to health, safety and the environment, and is reinforced by specific standards addressing HSE risks and requirements that are clearly communicated, regularly audited, and continually improved. Implementation of, and compliance with, the HSE Management System is led by business and operations leadership and supported by the HSE function.
Responsible for partnering with the HON sites assigned for that specific region (Europe) to support and deploy health, safety and environmental services and programs. This position will also ensure implementation and compliance with the HSE Management system and will additionally support HSE integration into HOS. This position will oversee HSE & Health Services field service for all sites in the designated region and also be an HSE Auditor.
- Provide strategic direction, oversight and guidance for HSE at all assigned locations. This includes all Honeywell Level I & II Standards, as well as HSE regulatory compliance for Safety, Industrial Hygiene, Loss Prevention, Environmental, Health and Fleet.
- Conduct regular HSE service visits to all assigned locations. As a minimum, each location must be visited at least once per quarter. For Special Emphasis Sites, at least two visits per quarter are required.
- Assist all assigned sites with the Integration of HSE into HOS.
- Assist all assigned locations with SAT & Audit preparation.
- Verify and approve the annual SAT & Assurance Letter process, as well as the closure of corrective actions for all assigned sites.
- Insure that newly acquired or greenfield sites are properly integrated into the Honeywell HSEMS.
- Participate in the hiring and orientation of new HSE Leaders for all assigned sites.
- Provide input and approval for both the annual HSE objectives and the annual performance appraisal for all matrixed site HSE Leaders.
- Monitor emerging HSE legislation and regulations that impact our businesses. Insure that all assigned locations are in compliance with all applicable HSE regulations.
- Provide advice and assistance during any HSE regulatory visit to an assigned site.
- As appropriate, provide oversight and participate in serious incident investigations for all assigned sites.
- Regularly communicate with the Corp. Regional HSE & Health Services Director and the Corporate HSE staff. Provide feedback on the implications of regional & corporate HSE strategies.
- Participate in Corporate HSE Audit Teams (approximately 8 audits per year).
- Provide assistance on HSE issues pertaining to HSE Design Reviews or other real-estate transactions.
- Assist with the approval of hazardous waste vendors within the region.
- Assist with the coordination and presentation of appropriate Corporate HSE sponsored training programs, including: HSE Auditor Training, Integrating HSE into HOS, Ergonomics, Industrial Hygiene, etc.
- Participate in the Regional HSE Network meetings.
- Approve all Loss Prevention Abeyance requests for assigned sites.
- Request the assistance of the Regional Subject Matter Specialists, as appropriate.
- Assist all assigned sites with the Integration of HSE into HOS.
- Attend the Corp. Regional HSE & Health Services Director’s Strategy Deployment meetings.
Manage other functional projects, as requested.
20 Implements HSE&F standards
20 Provides technical assistance
20 Ensures compliance standards
20 Effective coach and role model
20 Risk Management processes
- Bachelor’s degree in Environmental, Safety, Industrial Hygiene, Engineering, Science or a related field from an accredited university is required.
- Master’s or other advanced degrees are preferred.
- Ability to clearly communicate, both verbally and in writing, in English and at least one other major language used within the area being serviced.
- 5 - 10 years experience in HSE or a related field, demonstrating progressive leadership.
- Knowledgeable about HSE regulations and trends.
- Certified Safety Professional, Certified Industrial Hygienist or other related HSE certifications are desirable.
- Deep understanding of the Honeywell Operating System.
- Strong aptitude for computer applications and database systems; able, and interested, to learn new technologies quickly.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications.
- HSE Management Systems experience, such as ISO 14,000 or OHSAS 18,000.
- HSE compliance and systems auditing experience is required.
Critical Behaviors for Success:
- Leadership impact: Able to conceptualize ideas for solving problems, formulate these ideas into workable strategies, and put achievable plans together to implement these strategies. Excellent ability to interact effectively with business and functional leaders as well as plant personnel.
- Gets Results: Conscientious about getting results and meeting commitments; Self-motivated and able to work with little supervision, consistently taking initiative to get things done; act with a sense of urgency, bias for action and speed.
- Effective communicator: Excellent written and spoken communication skills. Has the confidence and ability to communicate effectively to all levels of the organization and external stakeholders. Demonstrated ability to write clearly and concisely for different types of audiences, deliver a presentation clearly and persuasively.
- Team leadership: Excellent ability to lead diverse, cross-functional teams in both an audit setting, or in the course of developing and implementing programs.
- Customer Focus: Demonstrated ability to understand functional requirements and priorities among internal customers and stakeholders and use data, technology and process to meet these requirements.
- Technical/Functional Excellence: Demonstrated passion for learning and applying new skills, knowledge, and abilities. Demonstrated ability to thoroughly understand work processes that are enabled by technological tools and to implement process improvement where needed; identifies ways to use technology and six sigma plus tools to solve problems and improve processes
Exempt How Honeywell is Connecting the World
- Extensive Travel Required
- Continued Professional Development
- 1st Shift
- Job ID: req146682
- Category: Health, Safety & Environment
- Location: V Parku 2325/16, budova 8, 2.&3.p., Prague, AA 14800 CZE
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, refer to the EEO is the Law poster .
Please refer to the EEO is the Law Supplement Poster & the Pay Transparency Policy .
If a disability prevents you from applying for a job through our website, request assistance here . No other requests will be acknowledged.
Terms & Conditions | Privacy Statement © 2017 Honeywell International Inc.