Sr Advanced Software Engineer
Innovate to solve the world's most important challenges
Be part of a team that designs, develops and integrates highly complex software functions within Honeywell. You will use your experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. You will also generate innovative solutions in work situations; trying different and novel ways to deal with problems and opportunities.
- Identify and propose technical improvements using your software engineering knowledge and principals
- Accelerate innovation and growth, teaming with the world's most talented engineers
- We invite you to discover for yourself why a career with Honeywell is the opportunity you've been looking for
- Design and implementation of embedded and desktop applications software for Communication, Navigation and Surveillance (CNS) products.
- Participate in the project planning phase, provide estimates and report status
Develop embedded / desktop application software (e.g. C, C++, Java, SDL):
- Requirements and architecture creation/modification
- Code creation/modification (including debugging and troubleshooting)
- Test cases, procedures, and scripts creation/modification
- Tests execution (both informal and formal runs)
- Documentation creation
- Certification support
- Development and configuration of the development / automatic test environment setup
Ensures that his/her assigned technical tasks are completed on-time and within the expected quality level
Actively contributes to the improvement of the existing concepts and identifies new technological opportunities
25 Requirements and design
25 Software architecture and coding
25 Certification of software
YOU MUST HAVE
- Bachelors degree in Engineering or Computer Science
- Experience with embedded / application software development (e.g. C, C++, SDL) and design / test automation
- Knowledge of modern software development practices is a plus
- Experience with project planning and effort estimation is a plus
- Knowledge of commercial airborne standards including RTCA DO-178B(C) is a plus
- Experience with software design tools (e.g. Enterprise Architect) is a plus
- Knowledge of scripting languages (e.g. Perl, Python) is a plus
- Knowledge of software configuration management tools (e.g. ClearCase, SVN, Git) is a plus
- Knowledge of requirements management tools (e.g. DOORS) is a plus
- Knowledge of change management tools (e.g. ClearQuest) is a plus
- Knowledge of test management tools (e.g. TestLink) is a plus
- Excellent command of English language is mandatory
- Strong organizational skills and analytical ability
- Self-starter, motivated and able to work independently
- Extremely reliable, trustworthy, with highest ethical standards
- Excellent communications skills
- Interested to work in a fast paced, global business environment
- Understanding various software development lifecycle
- Some relevant experience
- Knowledge of software configuration management and change management practices
- Diverse and global teaming and collaboration
- Effective communicator
- Wide degree of creativity and latitude
- Individuals who are self-motivated and able to work with little supervision, who consistently take the initiative to get things done, do things before being asked by others or forced to by events.
- Ability to consistently make timely decisions even in the face of complexity, balancing systematic analysis with decisiveness.
- Can quickly analyze, incorporate and apply new information and concepts.
Exempt Honeywell Educators @ Space Academy
- Continued Professional Development
- Job ID: HRD34982
- Category: Engineering
- Location: V Parku 2343/24, budova 12, Prague, AA 14800 CZE
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, refer to the EEO is the Law poster .
Please refer to the EEO is the Law Supplement Poster & the Pay Transparency Policy .
If a disability prevents you from applying for a job through our website, request assistance here . No other requests will be acknowledged.
Terms & Conditions | Privacy Statement © 2017 Honeywell International Inc.