Architecture and Security Lead
Design solutions to drive safe living and quality of life
The Architecture and Security Leader reports to the Local ACT site leader and matrix reports to the Chief Product Security Officer and is the primary ACT focal point for cybersecurity matters related to products and service offerings as well as system engineering and architecture global best practices. This is a senior technical role.
- Govern and enforce the effective implementation of product security, systems and architecture best practices in NPI (New Product Introduction) projects
- Review and approve mandatory product security activities for the Homes Product Approval Committee (PAC)
- Institutionalize practices for identifying and quantifying product and portfolio product security risks
- Participate in Homes Software Security Group providing input on cyber policies, risk management, processes, technology development and strategy
- Maintain and report product security metrics of Homes products through the development life cycle for continuous improvement
- Provide training, coaching, and expert consultation in secure development practices to the business and development teams
- Enable SBU leadership team to understand security risk, participate in technology and resource needs planning
- Ensure adoption of Product Security initiatives and Homes standard components across the Homes product lines
- Act as the focal point for Homes critical customer cybersecurity issues (PSIRT), product security compliance, and external security certifications
- Be the Homes liaison to government agencies as appropriate, for Homes product cyber security issues
- Monitor external security sources for vulnerabilities which impact SBU products
- Interface with Legal and Marketing Communications group to manage communications of security vulnerabilities in Homes products
- Review and approve security notifications to inform customers of urgent security issues which may impact their Honeywell products
- Coordinate and track remediation of product security incidents
Mentor, manage, and hire local cyber architects, systems engineers, and architects.
20 Provide direct and constructive feedback
20 Mentor systems engineers
20 Provide general oversight to systems lifecycle
20 Challenging individuals to think different
20 Provide opportunities
YOU MUST HAVE
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or similar discipline with an emphasis on electronic system security or cybersecurity
- Technical leadership experience in the software security field
- Familiarity with Cloud-based applications, PC/server based software, mobile applications, and embedded software in the Automation and Control Systems domain
- Excellent cybersecurity capabilities and strong software engineering skills
- Strong knowledge of secure software development lifecycle and practices such as threat modeling, security reviews, penetration tests, and security incident response
- Understanding of security by design principles and architecture level security concepts
- Up to date knowledge of current and emerging security threats and techniques for exploiting security vulnerabilities
- Excellent communication and leadership skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to facilitate diverse groups, help negotiate priorities, and resolve conflicts among project stakeholdersAbility to travel worldwide ca. 25%
- Certifications in security and privacy demonstrating deep practical knowledge such as CSSLP or CISSP
- Master's degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or similar discipline with an emphasis on electronic system security
- Background in systems engineering
Exempt How Honeywell is Connecting the World
- Continued Professional Development
- Some Travel Required
- Job ID: req148350
- Category: Engineering
- Location: Z.A. La Pièce 16, Rolle, VD 1180 CHE
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, refer to the EEO is the Law poster .
Please refer to the EEO is the Law Supplement Poster & the Pay Transparency Policy .
If a disability prevents you from applying for a job through our website, request assistance here . No other requests will be acknowledged.
Terms & Conditions | Privacy Statement © 2017 Honeywell International Inc.