Process Engineer - Utilities
Driving Infinite Possibilities Within A Diversified, Global Organization
The Utilities Process Engineer is accountable for achieving function goals, establishing financial plans that are consistent with the business needs, and supplying best in class service by effective leveraging of resources.
- Analyze plant Steam, Compressed Air and Water Treatment processes to ensure the operations are running to target.
- Identify opportunities for efficiency, cost-out, compliance, consistency shift-to-shift and ease-of-operation.
- Identify, communicate and champion technical and process improvements with the Utilities and Water Treatment area.
- Troubleshoot processes and equipment-related problems and drive correction actions for quality, health, environmental, safety and production issues.
- Interpret the health of the production system using a Distributed Control System (DCS), data historian (PI) and other data collection processes.
- Create plans, lead Management of Change (MOC) requests, understand and ensure compliance with environmental process requirements/limitations.
- Review and revise Utility and Water Treatment production strategies to ensure alignment with plant business demands.
- Perform root cause analysis of process, quality, and HSE related issues. Both individually and team based.
- Report out daily and monthly status of production areas. Lead the team to drive improvements, recommend projects and define needs.
Ability to learn, support, and promote the successful application of Honeywell Operating System (HOS) principles.
20 Plan layout for engineering processes
20 Plan sequence of operations
20 Establish and submit processing requirements
20 Participate in project teams
20 Collaborate with various functional teams
You Must Have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemical or Mechanical Engineering
- 2 years of process engineering experience in a chemical industrial manufacturing plant
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc
- Demonstrated strong written and verbal communication skills preferred
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with individuals at all levels of an organization
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment with a team focus preferred
- Six Sigma training – Black Belt or Master Black Belt.
- Lean manufacturing (5S, Kaizen)
- Strong Statistical Analysis Skills
Due to US export control laws, must be a US citizen, permanent resident or have protected status.Exempt Performance Materials and Technologies
- Continued Professional Development
- Some Travel Required
- 1st Shift
- Job ID: HRD32509
- Category: Integrated Supply Chain
- Location: 8725 Mooringsport Rd, Shreveport, LA 71107 USA
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, refer to the EEO is the Law poster .
Please refer to the EEO is the Law Supplement Poster & the Pay Transparency Policy .
If a disability prevents you from applying for a job through our website, request assistance here . No other requests will be acknowledged.
Terms & Conditions | Privacy Statement © 2017 Honeywell International Inc.