Machinist - Level 1
Launch innovations in nearly every commercial and defense aircraft platform
- Operate precision machines and perform equipment maintenance
- Check all toolings, gauges & program tapes are correct before commencing jobs
- Initiate & implement continuous improvement activities to improve productivity and quality
- Set up and read through the programming, as well as make program alterations on minor error encounters
- Control and ensure all functions operate properly to achieve high quality hardware as per standard time set
- Inspect parts dimensions and geometry as per M.O.T. specifications
- Ensure that machining work carried out meets the required quality as stated in the respective manuals and technical documents such as M.O.T.
Co-ordinate with the Tool-Man on tool rectification
20 Operate assigned equipment,Participate in continuous improvement activities
20 Support the Honeywell Operating System,Maintain work area for operation and cleanliness
20 Comply with all safety rules,Record and report production data
20 Analyze data and production reports
20 Set up and change over equipment
- At least a NITEC/NTC in Precision Engineering with ability to read, write and communicate in English
- CAAS certification will be an added advantage
- Preferably with at least 18 months of aviation experience in the mechanical trade
- Experience in performing inspection of engine parts will be an advantage
- General knowledge in the usage of hand tools is a must
- Must be familiar with the use of aircraft component manuals or publications
- Proficient in the usage of vertical and horizontal machining centers for performing machining work
- Understanding of 5S and TPM concepts
- Experience with and understanding of Six Sigma and Lean tools will be added advantages
- Strong team player with good interpersonal and communication skills
- Committed and willing to work long hours
- Must have basic computer skills
Nonexempt Honeywell Aerospace Overview
- Continued Professional Development
- Job ID: req151669
- Category: Integrated Supply Chain
- Location: 7 Joo Koon Circle, Singapore, Singapore, SG 629039 SGP
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, refer to the EEO is the Law poster .
Please refer to the EEO is the Law Supplement Poster & the Pay Transparency Policy .
If a disability prevents you from applying for a job through our website, request assistance here . No other requests will be acknowledged.
Terms & Conditions | Privacy Statement © 2017 Honeywell International Inc.